Chapter 5

The whole night I tossed around the bed smiling repeating his words in my mind "the world seems less lonely."

"What happened?" Farah asked seeing that I didn't stop smiling the whole way to the class.

"Nothing" I shrugged.

I smiled at Mr.Rizwan in class but he was elusive.

That evening Mr.Rizwan said  " we are friends but you are my student in the school. I don't want anyone to know about our friendship. It would be detrimental to both our reputations. Not even your friends."

I got his point and agreed and never shared anything with my friends. "This for you" he said giving me diary milk silk.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"For adding sweetness in my life". He smiled and I could not stop blushing.

"Oh shit!" I exclaimed seeing the time and realizing I overslept and missed the school.

"Mom, why didn't you wake me ?" I complained going in the dining room.

"I tried to wake you up but you didn't "mom said.

"Oh, "I sat dejected.

"No problem we will have some mother daughter time "she said. "You are so busy these days"

"Studies mom!" I quipped.

That day we watched movie together lying on the couch in my parents' room. Cooked meals and had lunch together. It was long time since I ate with my parents. As my study sessions with Mr.Rizwan took much of my time, after which I became tired and slept early unable to spend any time with them.

"Annu aunty has arranged a party at her house today." mom said "will you come?"

"No mom, I will rather be home" I said. I hated going to parties and having a plastered smile for the whole time.

"You will be alone at the house then?" Mom worried

"Yes, I will study for sometime"

"Okay" she said. "Dad will directly come from office to her house."

After mom left, heavy downpour started. It was already past 6 and I thought I would not be able to meet Mr.Rizwan today when suddenly the bell rang.

"Assalamu alaikum" Mr.Rizwan greeted.

He was drenched from head to toe.

"Oh my, why did you come in such heavy rainfall?" I exclaimed "We could have studied tomorrow'.

"I didn't came for studies"

"Then?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"I came to see you"" he said "why didn't you come to school today?"

"I overslept. You are wet, I will bring you a towel."

It had become dark outside, and there was lightning every few seconds.

When I returned with the towel, I became numb.

Mr.Rizwan had removed his T.shirt and was standing bare chest.He had broad jaw line which complimented his broad shoulders. His upper body made a perfect V. There wasn't an inch of fat on his stomach. The water dripping on his body was shining like pearls. I was unable to take eyes off him. Our eyes met and he walked slowly towards me, his eyes never leaving mine. With every step he took forward toward me, I took a step back until I was against a wall. He kept both his hands on the wall trapping me between them and suddenly all the lights went off. He moved closer till our lips were an inch apart and I shut my eyes tight, fearing to move.