Chapter 13

"Hi" I mumbled when he opened the door

Without answering he turned back and went inside, I followed him.

"Sit" he said pointing towards the sofa. I kept my bag beside when he pulled the center table and sat on it folding his hands in front, our knees were touching. His cheeks and nose were flushed and he was staring at me in an intense way. If his eyes had power I would have melted like lead. It terrified me. I looked down at my sandals,

" look at me" he said.

"Why didn't you come today?"

"I got up late."

"Why?"

"I had slept late"

"Why?"

"Relatives had come to visit us. I was with them."

"What were you doing with them which made you sleep late? You always disconnect our phone early citing sleep as an excuse. Why couldn't you excuse yourself yesterday?"

"Their son had married a month ago; we were watching his marriage video and they wanted me to sit with them."

"Did their son come with them?"

I felt like I was in an interrogation room being interrogated for murder.

"Yes."

"Did you talk to him?"

Thinking about shaafin, the one word he said could not be considered talking so I said no

"Does he have any brothers?

"Yes."

"Who?"

"His younger brother."

"What is his name?"

"Raafay."

"Did you talk to him?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"He is my friend."

"So you were with him whole night and day when you were not lifting my call."

"I was with the whole family" I said through gritted teeth.

Before I could retreat back his arms were around me in a tight hold, pulling my head back by clutching my ponytail he made my eyes meet his cold ones and within a fraction his lips were crushing mine. I tried to wriggle out of his embrace pushing at his torso with full my full strength but my fight was  waste. He held me tighter and punished my lips in even harsher way. When he broke the contact, it felt like my breath had been taken away and lower lip was smeared with drops of my own blood.

"This is for talking back to me and spending your time with a man who is not me. Stay clear of your so called male friends" he warned. "I will not hear a stranger's name on my future wife's lips."

"Do you understand?" He asked when I kept glaring at him in disbelief and anger of what he had done.

I nodded in agreement

"Good. Our school has planned a picnic this weekend. Considering we have never been on a date, I plan to go that day; we will get the whole day to spend with each other" he said smiling as if nothing has happened a few minutes ago. "Tell whatever you have to tell to your parents and friends."

I nodded wiping the blood of my lips fearing what he would do next if said no to him now.

"Say you bit your lip" he said moving his thumb across his bite mark on my lip. "You would surely not want them to know that you are dating your teacher. If I change school and go away I would not have to answer anyone but you have to, whole your life to your parents, your friends. Then you will lose all your respect and love in their eyes. I don't want that to happen to you he said carving my face with his finger, bringing it down he lifted my chin up and glared in my eyes "I love you and I hate punishing you but you make me angry so I have to. Please don't make me do that you. Are you getting what I am saying?"