Chapter 11

When everyone asked Rizwan about the marks on head in the school, he lied said he fell down. He was in pain all through the class. Seeing him like that, made me feel so guilty. If I hadn't reacted in such way, it would not have happened. I thought of making up to me him by giving a gift and decided to make a handmade greeting card. I made a simple one with not much decoration, wrote how much I cared about him and how bad I feel seeing him in pain. Hoping he may not repeat the same thing as yesterday and wishing he might like the card, I went to his home.

"Hey" he greeted me.

"Hi, how is your headache?"

"It is less now".

"Okay". I said fidgeting with my bag strings not knowing what else to do.

"Why don't you sit down and take your books out, we will study today".

"Okay" I said, sitting on the sofa.

"I will bring some water for you".

"Ok"

. I took out my books and contemplated whether to give him the card or not. The idea felt childish now so I decided against it.

He came back with a glass of water and sat on the sofa opposite me.

"Hey what is this he asked picking up the card I had made for him from the floor."

I had kept it in my book and didn't realize when it fell down

"Oh that" I stammered

He opened the card and read, smile played on his lips.

"Thank you so much Maria, no one has ever made anything like this for me in my entire life".

"You liked it?" I asked.

"I love it" he said kissing my cheek.

I moved back in a reflex.

"What shall we study today?" he asked breaking the awkward silence that followed the peck.

"Anything" I shrugged. I had a feeling that my exams were going to screw up. I could never possibly study with him anymore; when he kept trying to get close to me. It made me cringe.

"Okay" he said "we will study algebra".

"Rizwan" I called out

"Yes"

I didn't knew how to put my thoughts into words

"Do you want to study something else?" he asked when I didn't continue.

"No" I said "algebra is fine, it's just that I want to talk to you about something"

"Yes tell me"

I fidgeted my fingers, it was making me extremely nervous and I felt awkward and embarrassed talking about it nonetheless I had to.

"Its that"

"Yes what is it?" he encouraged

"I need some time" I blurted

"For what?" He asked confused

"You know" I shrugged

"I don't. How will I if you don't tell me?" he asked

"I mean I know we are a couple now" I mumbled

"After all you are accepting it" he said

He was making it even more difficult for me.