Epilogue

We lay under the cover of a thousand stars illuminating the snow on the mountains far away, huddled into each other near the campfire. All I could sense was the heat radiating from my husband in whose arms I wished to live and die. I couldn't imagine a moment more perfect than this, away from the world, enjoying the serene night sky in the mountains, with no noise except the wind gushing pass by and the love of your life.

The cool breeze penetrated the duvet leaving our bodies cold against each other as I lay my head on his shoulders while he traced my arm in a vertical motion. Wherever he touched warmth was left amidst the coolness of the weather and it felt good. I looked at him as his cold breath touched the nape of my neck. I wouldn't regret if the death took me now, I had lived my dream.

"Could anything be more perfect?" I asked pulling his hands close to my waist.

"Yes," he said putting his head on my shoulder.

"What?" I asked 

"You." He said, closing his eyes and taking in the scent of my hair.

I looked at him, realizing how lucky I am to be his soul mate. In his arms, I felt safe as if nothing could harm me anymore. In two months of our marriage, he never initiated any kind of physical touch. I was the first one to hold his hand while we walked and began taking baby steps in letting him close without panicking.

The smile on his face every time I made an effort was always worth it, leaving me confident and happy.

He made me feel, getting married was the best decision I had ever taken in my whole life as he made every moment memorable. Not asking anything in return, not even what was his right.

Leaning in I planted a soft kiss on his lips, yet another first for us. He looked towards me with surprise but his eyes were gleaming, asking a silent question and I nodded.

He tilted my chin up and closed the gap between us with his lips; it was soft, tender like he was afraid to break me but at the same time, filled with feelings, and felt like honey. When he moved back, the fog coming from our mouths, maintained the distance between us as the love for him in my heart swelled up.

"I love you" I breathed.

His lips broke into a wondrous smile and he brought in his lips with a zealous passion and I knew how much he loved me. My heart started racing to let me know that something amazing was going to happen. He pulled me close as his passion unleashed, and it felt ethereal and intoxicating filling me with new sensations and desires. Our first kiss was better than my imagination, with a man who loved me more than a hero in any fantasy.

That night we became one under a billion burning stars but none could have burned more than our desire for each other. He kissed every scar replacing the memory of its pain with love and want. I didn't even remember I was afraid of it as I lost myself in him and our feelings as our long-buried passions took over us. That night he stitched my broken heart and soul in one like it was never shattered and there was only one feeling left after it: a tremendous trust and unending happiness.

And we lived happily forever.......

......................THE END............................................

A/N: I wanted to add the last line so much. It has always been my favorite way to end a story. Happy endings are so hard to come by in real life, so why not enjoy it in fiction.

It has been a wonderful experience writing this novel, thank you all.