12 | grilled cheese

I ran into Theo's bedroom, locking the door behind me despite the fact the door could easily be knocked down

Wanting even more walls between my mate and I, I quickly made my way to the joint bathroom and proceeded to lock myself in, leaning on the door as I slumped down to the floor. 

The image of my father on the ground continuously flashing in my mind while Theo hovered above him. 

Did I made the wrong decision? Was staying with Theo wrong of me? 

Sobs racked my body as my palms pressed harshly against my closed eyes, an attempt of trying to rid the image of my injured father out of my head. 

"Holly?" 

My sobs were irregular and I attempted to be quiet by biting my bottom lip however cries continued to leave my mouth without consent, I was inches away form hiccuping. 

"Holly, please--" My hands slapped on to my ears, hoping that it would rid Theo's voice however my hearing got the best of me and it felt as if nothing could block his voice. "Holly open the door." 

God even when the sight of my bleeding dad at the hand of my mate disgust me, his voice is still as smooth and continues to sent shiver down my spine when he utters my name. 

"Please, go away." My voice was weak and my wolf recoiled at the voice-- when was I weak? 

I can't be weak, I'm not weak. I am a strong woman, a strong wolf. 

"He started it." All the sadness left me, my sobs were quiet to die down at his words. I sprung up from the my door and flew the door open harshly, the lock flying off at the strength I was mustering. 

"Are you fucking five?" 

"No, but I'm an Alpha and he disrespected me." Theo's arms crossed over his chest as his eyes narrowed, the emotion within softening momentarily at the sight of the tears that were now drying on my face. "Holly," 

I walked around him, the need and want to hide in the bathroom was now gone. I made my way to the other side of the room and sat on the bed, my back facing Theo as I made no movement to turn and look at him. He continued; 

"I shouldn't have done that, I know." He began, yet I still refused to look at him. "He was disrespecting me, on my territory that he had no permission to be on and then he charged at me, not the other way round. For that moment, I forgot he was your father." 

I bit my lip, my arms tightly across my chest as I thought about what he was saying. He was right, at all. 

"Would you have stopped if Grey didn't pull you back?" I spoke only to be met with silence. I spun around on the bed, now facing Theo who had a hardened expression on his face as he attempted to hide his emotions from me. 

Mates shouldn't hide anything from one another. 

"Would you?" I asked again. Theo's head fell down as he broke our gaze.