45 | luna holly

"So," Eliza said all giddy, a wide smile on her face as she fidgeted on her feet. "Are you ready?" She asked me. 

I stood in front of the mirror, constantly flattening the black dress I was wearing. The dress hugged my upper body perfectly, going tight along the waistline before flowing outwards down to my knees. On my feet were flats, so it was easier for me to throw off and shift when I needed to. 

I gulped as I looked into the mirror. Today was a big day, a very big day-- for both myself and the entire pack.

I was going to be officially initiated into the Black Dawn pack as their Luna. It was a long day coming. Even though I had been introduced to the pack already, I still had to be initiated into the pack in a ceremony of my own. 

While I was so excited to finally to the official Luna of Black Dawn, part of me was still weary and slightly nervous. What did I wasn't fit for the job? I was already in the temporary Luna position, waiting to be permanent-- but was I right for that. 

My wolf growled at the idea. I shook my head at myself. Of course, I was ready.  The Moon Goddess wouldn't have presented me with an Alpha mate if I didn't have the ability to be a strong Luna myself-- the Moon Goddess makes no mistakes. She makes tough decisions, but never mistakes.

I looked back at myself in the mirror, giving myself one more look over before spinning to face the girls. Both Eliza and Ella came to help get me ready for the ceremony, of course, and Faith came for extra company. 

"Yes, I think I finally am." I would be lying if I said I wasn't shaking in nerves, I was just staring at myself in the mirror for the past twenty minutes. The girls were watching me with nervous eyes, they definitely assumed I was going to run.

But there was no way I was going to run from this, not from the position and not from Theo.

"Well Luna, it's time to get going. You've got a ceremony to get to." Ella said, squealing with joy. "Luna Holly, perfect!" If anyone was more excited than me about becoming Luna, it was definitely Ella. She couldn't keep her excitement down the entire day, it was slowly becoming a headache. 

I took a deep breath before nodding at the she-wolf, all four of us finally making our way out of the door. 

Outside the bedroom door stood Grey who was waiting for Eliza, with a smile on his face as he glanced over to her. By the looks of them, they were definitely mind-linking and it was definitely none of my business. 

Watching them, I wished that Theo was here to greet me also but I knew that he had to be at the ceremony right now. He was the second most important person there, after all, first being me of course.

As we walked closer to the ceremony, I could feel my body quickly rack with nerves. It was going to finally happen and I may just faint right on the stage, I was that nervous. 

But as soon as I saw Theo on stage, my nerves calmed and my heart skipped a beat. He looked so handsome in his attire-- it was definitely a dress to impress moment.

When I made it to him, his eyes sparkling as they fell upon me.

"You look beautiful, my love." He said with a loving smile plastered his face as he looked me all over. I immediately felt the previous nerves that racked my body disappear as soon as our eyes met, his voice soothing me instantly. 

I blushed, reaching for his hands which he accepted by quickly capturing my hand in his. "Thank you," I reached up on my tiptoes, planting a wet kiss on his cheek before pulling away with a wide smile on my face.