28 | you know nothing

Telling Jack everything I found out about our father broke my heart, after every sentence I said I watched as his face dropped. For the first time, I didn't know what he was thinking.

"Jack?" I called for him, his eyes distant as he looked through the window. "Jack, please say something." I sighed, leaning back on my chair while I sat criss-cross. Lia stayed sitting next to her mate, her gaze falling to the floor with her hands covering her mouth in shock.

They've both been in the same position for a while-- I knew it was a lot to take in.

I basically told them that their Alpha is a murderous monster.

Still, after many attempts, Jack would not answer any of my calls. Lia continued to recover from the information I threw at them, her eyes still directed on the floor however she slowly moved her hands on to Jack's, squeezing tightly.

"Ja-"

"You're lying."

My mouth fell open in a gasp, my eyes wide as Jack finally looked from the window-- his eyes narrowing at me. "You're lying Holly."

"No, I'm not-"

"Then that god-awful Alpha lied to you and you ate it up." He snarled, shooting up from his seat. I was beyond shocked by his reaction-- I knew that he wouldn't like what I had to say but I didn't expect him to react like this--

--to accuse me of lying!

"Watch it Jack," I lowly growled, the wolf within me snarling as our own brother insulted our mate— neither of us approved of how Jack was acting at this moment. "That's my mate you're talking about." 

Though I had only spent a few weeks with the man, I couldn't help but feel warm around him, the electric feeling of our bond was strong and hard to ignore.

He scoffed, rolling his eyes harshly at me before forming his glare again-- directed straight at me. "If that's what you want to call the man that kidnapped you, sure." He spat out. "You know nothing about mates--"

"Jack!" Lia snapped, it was clear to me that she didn't want to get involved in this argument, she was hesitant. She looked at me from her seat and sent me an apologetic look, I was quick to shake it off-- she was not apart of this, she had nothing to apologize for. 

I stood up from my seat quickly, narrowing my eyes straight at the man in front of me. "Excuse me?" He responded by scoffing, waving me off with his hand. "No, no-- please, tell me what you mean." I continued, crossing my arms over my chest as I watched for my brother to turn his back from me, huffing as he faced the window.

I knew nothing about mates? The wolf within me growled furiously at the words-- while we are only just getting to know Theo, my wolf was quick to become protective over our mate. 

Why was Jack being like this? Did finding out all this information about our father affect him like this? 

Jack sighed, before turning back to me-- his eyes darted straight for me. "You know nothing about this man, you don't know the first thing about having a mate and he knows that." I raised an eyebrow as he continued to speak, my body feeling hot with rage the more he spoke. "He is using your 'mate bond' to manipulate you into turning against Dad." 

I didn't want to hear him speak anymore. 

"Jack--"

"And I'm very close-knit with Dad-- I am the future Alpha-- wouldn't you think I would know about a werewolf we are experimenting on, or torturing?" He snarled, throwing his future 'authority' in my face. The only thing I could do was roll my eyes at him, rage within me slowly subsiding.