39 | truth

I didn't know what to do. 

I didn't know how to process the information I had been given. I felt my eyes widen, looking at the two twins in front of me, their words echoing through my head. 

Nadine? As in Theo's dead aunt Nadine? My mind wandered to when Theo sat me down and told me about what happened years ago between her and my mother.

Out of everything that Theo had told me, the thing that hit me the most was my mother. She was seen killing Nadine, but for my whole life, I could never picture her harming anymore-- She wasn't the type to do so, surely. 

I knew that in the past she was an aggressive wolf before her and my father got together, Uncle Mace and Uncle Lane would always tell me stories about how heroic my mother was during her time. But when it came to having children, she decided that it was the best thing to step down. 

All my mind she has been soft to me, I couldn't see her killing Nadine. 

"Theo--" I couldn't help but stutter, I was helpless. I was chained on to a chair-- and apparently I was faced with twins seeking revenge. "--Theo never told me that Nadine had children." Kara scoffed at me.

"Oh please, Theo didn't know she even had children. She wasn't exactly a model pack member, disappearing for months or even years." I frowned, how did Theo not tell me that about his aunt? 

Part of me was irritated with Theo for leaving information out of the story but I didn't have the time to be angry at him. I was currently sitting in front of two people who didn't like me very much clearly. 

"Well Theo would have told me about her having mate," I brought up-- surely that was something Theo would have confided in me about while telling me his past. Kai pushed off my knees, standing straight as he glanced down at me with a blank look in his eyes-- He looked nothing like he usually does, it was almost frightening. 

Kara laughed humourlessly, crossing her arms as she leaned on the wall behind her. "She didn't," 

I scrunched my face in confusion. "But you said you wer--" 

"Our mother was a whore," Kai spoke up, his voice hard yet empty. My eyes widened slightly. 

It was uncommon for a woman who was destined to a mate by the Moon Goddess to become impregnated by a male who wasn't hers. There was a 0.1% fertility rate. It was known that if a woman was to be impregnated by a someone who wasn't her mate, she would be shunned by the entire pack and would automatically a rogue.

It would make sense that she had disappeared while pregnant. If one was to catch her scent they would have automatically discovered that she was carrying children who didn't come from her mate. 

"But Nadine has nothing to do with me," Again, Kara scoffed, her eyes widened as she looked at me from across the room. 

"Nothing to do with you?" She slowly stalked across the room, getting closer to me. "Wasn't your mother the one that killed her?" I bit down my lip aggressively, before shaking my head and lifting my chin up. I was chained down like a dog, but I wasn't going to look weak in front of my inferiors. 

That's what they were-- my inferiors. I was Luna after all. 

"You don't know that my mother had anything to do with her death--" Kara suddenly inched her face closer to mine, pushing her hands on the arms of the chair-- her fingers wrapping viciously around my arms. 

She tilted her head down, looking up at me with our faces inches apart. "There was an eye-witness." 

I was quick to match her demeanour. "One eye-witness? That's all you got?" I spoke through gritted teeth. Almost instinctively, I was much more protection over my mother than my father.