26 | he's my brother

It didn't take long for Jack to come to the pack house. With Theo's permission, he quickly found an excuse to leave for the weekend with Lia-- saying that they wanted to have a weekend away to spend some time together. 

To say I was anxious and nervous to see my brother for the first time in weeks was an understatement; I was shitting bricks. 

I know a few weeks wasn't a lot, but considering the circumstances and all the information I found out it felt like years. 

"Hey," I felt a nudge in my side, turning my head to see Theo right beside him-- his presence lightening my mood up slightly. "It'll be fine." He tilted my head towards him and placed a soft kiss on the top of my head. I sighed, his action only soothing my nerves for a second. 

"I don't know Theo, what if my dad finds out?" 

"Then I'll kill him," My head snapped to Theo, a smug smile on his face as he sent a wink my way. "Kidding." I rolled my eyes, sending my elbow gently to his side which he ignored. 

When I first told Theo that I invited my brother to the pack, he was beyond furious.

 > two days ago < 

My hands shook slightly as I knocked on Theo's office door. The noise of my knuckles hitting on the wood of the door echoing through the empty hall. 

"Come in!" I heard Theo yell out, giving me the signal to open the door. 

I was beyond nervous about what I was going to do. I knew Theo didn't like my family for obvious reasons.

Walking in, I saw Theo at his desk-- paper piled as up to his head next to his feet. Curiosity bit at me as I pushed it away, building up the courage to ask him what I've been putting off for hours.

Would he yell at me for inviting my brother over to his pack? Probably. Was I ready for that? Not one bit. 

Theo's head lifted up, his tired eyes roaming the room before landing on me. He gave me a soft small smile as he nodding his head slightly, gesturing me to come closer.

"Holly, are you okay?" The closer I got to him, the more tired I could tell he was. What ever was going on was eating him alive, it looked as if the bags under his eyes had basically moved in.

"I think I should be asking you that question." I raised an eyebrow, lifting my hand to his face. Stumble prickled my fingers as I caressed his face. Theo lifted his hand up and gently placed his on top of mine. 

"What's on your mind, baby?" I tried ignoring the endearment, it was the first time he told me it and I didn't believe swooning at this time and place was the greatest choice. 

"Uh-" I was incredibly nervous, how to do tell him that I invited my brother-- who happens to be part of the pack that had ruined his life-- over to his pack without a spit of his consent? "I invited my brother to the pack house.~" I spewed out, trying to hardest not to stumble at my words.

Theo raised both of his eyebrows before furrowing them, his eyes squinting up at me. He removed his hand, pulling my hand along with it and my arm fell limp to my side. 

"Do you want to repeat that for me?" 

"No thanks." I nervously chuckled, shaking my head no as I unconsciously fiddled with my hands.

Theo growled lowly, slamming on his desk as he sharply stood up, the chair he was once sitting on flew back into the bookcase behind him. He wasn't looking me, his fists firmly his desk as his head fell down. He was breathing deeply and heavily, 

"Theo--" I went to press a hand on his shoulder however before I could make a connection he let out another growl, grabbing the nearest lamp to left and dashing it to the wall. The lamp smashed to millions of pieces.

He spun to him, his eyes darkened-- almost black, as he continued to uncontrollably growl. I t was clearer than the sky that his wolf has come out. 

"How the fuck could you invite that bastard to my pack? Are you fucking insane Holly?" There wasn't any endearments to come out of his mouth any time soon.

"Theo I--" He interrupted me

"How fucking dare you!" 

"Theo!" I yelled out, trying to grab his attention which worked. "He is my brother, he missed me and I need to see him!"  Theo scoffed at him,  I hated the way he rolled his eyes. 

"How fucking stupid can you be?" I raised my brows in his words, crossing my arms in front of my chest as I squinted my eyes at him. Even though I was hurt by his words, I chose to ignore it. It was the words of a furious wolf-- however that doesn't mean I can't use it against him later in life. 

"Oh please, enlighten me on how fucking stupid I am? Please!" I sneered back at him, the romance aura between us dispersing in the air of our rage. Theo growled in my face, loudly, the noise almost shattering my eardrums as my hair flew behind me. 

Extra. I fought the urge to roll my eyes at how he was acting. 

"Your brother," he spat the word out in disgust. "Is the spawn of the fucking devil himself, and just like his family, he would gladly rip this pack in half. You inviting him over basically gave him the fucking opportunity to strike us down. Fucking hell!" He roared, smashing his fist on his desk-- removing his hand and leaving a hole in the desk for remembrance. 

"I'm his sister, that makes me the spawn of the devil as well doesn't it? And I'm not out here trying to rip this pack in two am I?" 

"That's different--"

"How the fuck is that different?" I swore, my voice raising the more I got irritated at how unreasonable he was being. "What? I'm your mate and that means me different from my brother? Fucking bullshit Theo!"

Theo held his growls, as he pushed his lips together, continuing his deep breathing through his nose. I continued.

"My brother knows nothing and he wouldn't risk me by hurting this pack in any way. You aren't the monster that I thought you were and he isn't the monster you think he is. He is coming to his pack for me and you cannot stop that. He is my brother, not my father."

Theo glared at me, however, his eyes were fading from black to his original electric ones.

"I don't like this."

"Well too fucking bad."

------------------------

much smaller chapter than usually. first time writing for such a long time I am so sorry, life has been pretty messy this year D:! however, hopefully this means I am back for good and I'm praying I am able to finish writing this story without any more breaks haha, it's been too long since this story began you guys deserve a dedicated author!

the next chapter will be up sooner than later, promises! plus it will be much bigger than this one.