42 | decisions

White.

It was the first thing I saw when I woke up, my eyes squinting from the sudden rush of light entering my sights. Instinctively I groaned, moving my right hand to cover my eyes from the light-- I felt blinded.

"Holly?" I heard from beside me, my hand blocking my view. I slowly turned my head in the direction, moving my hand from my sights and letting my eyes fall on to the man in front of me. 

Theo. 

I could visually see relief spread from his face as he let out a sigh, reaching to grab my hand. "You're awake," He spoke smoothly, his hand immediately capturing mine, using his thumb to gently rub my knuckle. 

I could feel groggy, however, the sparks from Theo's touch had managed to awaken me further as I widened my eyes slightly at Theo.

Theo.

He saved me from Kara, hadn't he? I faintly remembered seeing both Theo and Grey seconds after Kara tried to behead me with a chain. I managed to survive-- but did she? 

"Kara," I instantly blurted at him, my head lifting up. I quickly surveyed the room, realising that I was back in our bedroom. For a moment, I felt warm inside as I thought of being back in a safe environment. 

I never liked that attic. 

Theo's brows furrowed and he tilted his head slightly. "No hello for me then?" He joked.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at his words, lifting my hand-- the one that wasn't in his-- and gently caressing his face. He automatically relaxed in my hands, nuzzling his nose in my palm before placing a soft kiss on the inside of my hand. 

"Hello," I smiled softly at my mate, immediately feeling safe in his hands. He showed me his teeth as he smiled back at him, his eyes instinctively closing at my touch. "Now, where's Kara." I changed my tone, speaking hard as I raised an eyebrow at my mate. 

I wanted to exactly where that woman was-- was she dead? Did she escape? 

My heart clenched at the thought of her having escaped, if that was true she would have truly made her way to my mother. I couldn't let that happen. 

Theo sighed, involuntarily pulling himself from my hand before speaking. "Grey captured her when we found the both of you in the attic, she's currently in a holding cell in the attic." 

"Alive?" 

Theo's face in disgust. "Yes alive, why would we leave a rotting corpse in a cell?" He rolled his eyes for a second, leaning back on his chair as he let his eyes scan me over. "Are you going to tell me what happened?" He spoke softly again, gently squeezing my hand as he spoke. 

I sighed, sitting up on the bed. Theo went to stop me but I gave me a hard glare, insisting that I wasn't a weak child-- my burns were already healed, they must have healed while I slept.

I looked down at my lap and I recalled what had happened with the twins-- spilling everything they had told me to Theo. He was left gobsmacked when I finished, his mouth falling ajar. 

"Nadine had children?" He gaped, his eyes wide as he registered everything I had said. I nodded in response, giving his hand a squeeze of own as I watched his reactions. He shrugged, shock still evident on his face. "I mean, that would example when she would disappear for months for no reason." 

Guess there was a reason after all; to birth the evil spawns. 

There was a moment of silence between Theo and I, I knew he was still processing everything I had told him-- there was a lot after all.