02 | four against one

As I stepped closer to the border, I felt a body shaking shiver running down my spine

As I stepped closer to the border, I felt a body shaking shiver running down my spine. I quickly shook off the feeling however I couldn't shake the rogue off my back.

Wait, what.

A rogue had sneakily jumped on, my hearing unable to pick up any moment-- I was caught off-guard.

They were incredibly heavy and I felt my body being dragged to the floor by the weight. Trying my hardest, I thrust my body side to side in hopes to throw the body off me me. 

I wouldn't call myself weak, I was one of the strongest in my pack however while the rogue on me had shifted into it's wolf form, I was still in human form which put me to a disadvantage. The grogginess from my early wake up call had quickly disappeared due to the sudden attack.

Finally, I threw the ball of fur off my back. Instead of fighting, my best option was to get over the borderline however when I looked-- I couldn't see it.

I had been so concentrated on getting the unknown wolf off of my back that I hadn't realised that we'd had move far from the borderline, which was now out of sight.  I was completely out of sight.

"Shit." I cursed under my breath, before turning back to the rogue that was slowly inching its way towards me. It let out a snarl as it barred it's teeth at me. 

I let at a growl of my own before it leaped up, straight for me.

Before it reached me, I had shifted in to my own wolf and clenched its neck in my mouth. The wolf let out a yelp of pain as I threw it's body straight into a tree. 

It was obviously then that the rogue was just heavy, not strong, as it laid whimpering next to the tree. I growled at it, pouncing on it. We were snout to snout as I snarled at it, baring my teeth together as droll slowly dripped off my mouth.

Before I could have even considered ending the worthless wolf in front of me, I caught three more rogues watching from a distance and my eyes snapped to them shock as they began to make their way towards me. 

Four against one? That doesn't seem fair.

Two of the rogues had pounced on me before I could make contact with the injured rogue's throat, throwing me off and pinning me to the ground. I snarled and made movements to bite the wolves above me but they had pinned my head down so I couldn't reach them. 

They weren't attacking me at all, just holding me down. Looking back at the first rogue I had encountered, I noticed that it had gotten up from the ground and was snarling at me as if they were not whimpering on the floor only seconds ago. 

I got played.

The fourth and final rogue made it's way to me, in it's human form. 

For a moment I was shocked as I stared at the male in front of me. For a rogue, he wasn't filthy at all. Instead, the man was neat and tidy-- which is uncommon for a rogue who are known to be dirty and unkempt.