40 | monster

THEO HAMPTON

"Holly?" I called out through the mind-link. No answer.

Something was wrong. I couldn't place what I was feeling, I simply knew something was wrong-- I just didn't know how wrong. Momentarily, I forgot I was standing in front of Hayden and mind-linked Holly once more, yet there was no answer. 

"Theo!" I heard Hayden roar, causing me to snap my head forward. He had lunged from where he was, he was now must closer. I held back a growl, biting my tongue. 

No fights. Holly had made herself clear many times, she didn't want innocent to be harmed and if there were fights then there would be no way I could avoid it. The packhouse was both filled and surrounded by innocent people simply watching this unfold. 

"I suggest you give me my son and his mate back, immediately." I raised my brows at the man in front of him-- it was taking everything in me not to rip him in shred this very moment. 

He is ordering me

Who does he think he is to even suggest an order to me, I was not inferior to him. If anything, I felt myself to be more superior than him. I'm much younger than the man in front of him, his days were already numbered. 

I shook my head, a humourless laugh coming out of my mouth. "Oh no, no. That isn't how this is going to go," I told myself I was going to stand my ground and I was going to follow Holly's directions-- there would be no fights from me.

If Hayden was to attack first, only then would I rip him apart. 

Hayden narrowed his eyes at him, slowly stepping closer however I stood my ground, not moving an inch off the ground. He didn't intimidate me, he could only dream about having that kind of power of me. 

"Is that so?" I couldn't help but let a smirk all upon my lips. I felt like I had one top on him-- for once. 

All my life, this is the man that haunted my thoughts. There aren't many days where you will find yourself face to face with your biggest enemy. 

"I suggest, " I copied his tone from previously, almost tauntingly. "--you return both Adrian and Ella to me." The man in front of me scoffed at me, letting out a chuckle of his own. 

"And why would I do that?" He let out another chuckle before shaking his head at him. "You have some nerve ordering me around on my land-- you forget you're trespassing." Once again, I held back a growl. 

My mind momentarily wandered back to when Hayden had found himself trespassing on my territory looking for Holly. Hypocrite. 

"I feel like I can persuade you to reconsider," I let a smirk slip on my lips, stepping back before gripping Jack by the head, forcing him to step in front of me with my hand firmly on his neck. Grey followed in suit, doing the same to Lia who let out a squeal from the impact.

Jack's throat rumbled under my hand, I squeezed for a second warningly. Do not ruin this. I thought to myself. I could feel victory coming so close to me, I watched a flash of fear in Hayden's eyes as he saw his own son-- the only heir to his throne-- inches from my sharp claws.

"Theo, don't you da--" I cut him off, tutting at him tauntingly. 

"That didn't sound like an apology to me?" 

"An apology?" He choked out. "You think I would apologise to you?" Hayden huffed at me, crossing his arms over his chest. Suddenly, all the emotions drained out of his eyes-- almost as if I was staring back at a black hole.