36 | alone

When I woke up, I was met with disappointment as I turned in the bed and seeing that Theo had was no longer beside me. 

With a frown on my face, I lifted myself off my pillow and looked around the room. Quickly, I noticed Theo's bag that he packed light late last night was gone. He had left without saying goodbye.

I felt anger stir within me, however, it faded just as quick as it appeared. I huffed irritated, letting myself fall back down on my pillow. 

I wasn't surprised that he left without me, he clearly knew that I was planning on guilting him into letting me go on the trip with him. I yawned, stretching my arms before instinctively reaching for my neck.

I could feel the mark that he had left with me last night, I closed my eyes and smiled while I gently outlined it-- it felt like two little tattooed dots. I let out air through my nostrils as I sighed in content, my mind wandering to the two of us together again. 

"Good morning, baby," My eyes sprung open, a wide grin instantly plastered on my face the second I heard Theo's voice within my mind. 

Since he put his mark on me last night, it meant that we had completed the mating process. Another effect from the mark happened to me an instant mind connection between each of us. Just like a pack mind-link, however, this time it was just us. 

I smiled even though he couldn't see me. "How did you know I was awake? " I asked, turning my body to Theo's side of the bed. I grabbed his pillow and held it to my body, casually sniffing it and letting his scent calm my nerves. 

Even though he wasn't here, my wolf sighed in content at the scent of him. 

"I felt you touch your mark," He mind-linked and I could almost picture him smirking. "Glad you like it." 

I rolled my eyes yet the smile on my face made no moves to budge. 

"I do like it," I responded, inhaling his scent deeper and squeezing his pillow closer to my body. "What I don't like was you leaving without even saying goodbye." I pouted.

"Stop pouting," He said, my eyes widened slightly before I once again rolled my eyes. How did he know I was pouting.

I got to stop doing that, I'm beginning to become predictable.

For a while, Theo and I chatted. He was still on his way to my father's pack, it was a ways away from the Black Dawn territory so he must have left a while ago. 

Even though he wasn't with me, I felt bubbly inside simply being able to talk to him-- even if it was via a mind-link.

After I shut my mind-link with Theo, I began to get ready for the day. It was going to be a casual day today, I didn't feel like doing anything spectacular with both Theo, Jack and Lia away on a mission. I wasn't to be a knock away if something was to happen. 

As I walked through the Alpha Quarters of the house, I somewhat felt uneased. 

The entire section was empty-- despite the fact that it was called the Alpha Quarters, both the Alpha and Beta lived in this area of the house. Obviously both Theo and Grey had gone on their little trip earlier in the morning, it explained the silence slightly.

I couldn't sense Eliza anywhere and assuming that she was simply taking a run from the stress of Grey being gone, I pushed the creeping feeling to the back of my head as my feet led me into the full-stocked kitchen. 

I also thought about Faith and how she was nowhere to be seen, but that was nothing new lately. Even since Ella was captured, Faith has been hiding from everyone.