15 | the real monster

"Holly, you might not like what I tell you

"Holly, you might not like what I tell you." 

Theo has been trying to talk me out having this conversation and slowly but surely it was getting on my nerves.

Did he think I was too weak to learn what my pack was doing? Was I too weak to learn what my pack was doing? 

"Oh for goodness sake Theo, fucking get on with it!" I growled, my wolf was slowly surfacing as she was getting just as agitated as I was. When it came to my pack, she was all ears-- the pack was our family, our heart. 

Theo greeted me with growl of his own, his eyes flashing with specks of golden as the bright blue of his iris started to darken. 

"Fine, but don't start crying when you realise how wrong you've been all your life." He barked out, his voices slightly shook the room and it was clear that his wolf was inches from coming out. The back and forth we had, I knew I was constantly disrespecting his authority by speaking to him like this but I couldn't help it.

Especially when my family was involved. He doesn't have control over him, much to his dismay.

I flinched back slightly and inched away from him on the bed, the intensity of his voice frightening me for a moment and I felt my wolf stumble slightly, whimpering at our mate's growling nature. 

Theo seemed to notice as his eyes quickly brightened, his mouth slightly ajar as he watched my reaction. His jaw ticked as he watched me.

He sighed, making no more actions to get close but instead placing his arms on his knees as he faced the ground. I stared at his side-profile, waiting for him to begin. 

Not complaining, his side-profile was godly.

"It's been hundreds years that our packs have been at each other's throats, you know it." He paused to look at me before looking back at the ground, staring at his carpet. "But after the rogue attacks years ago, the pack rivalry had fizzled out-- hell we helped you out with your rogue attacks." I was shocked, I never knew that our packs had once teamed up and worked together in order to survive. The attack happened years before I was born.

"But something happened," It was clear that the story was quickly moving into uncomfortable territory by the way Theo was fiddling with his hands and gulping before he spoke. "Your Luna, your mother, was taken by a group of rogues and so was my father's sister-- Nadine. Your pack was going crazy trying to find your mother and my pack was helping because we would able to recover my aunt Nina but we weren't ready for what we were going to see.

"Your mother was the first to get saved, hell I think that was all your pack wanted-- your pack didn't care for Nadine, they attacked and found your mother then left our pack to pick up the pieces but not before we saw something absolutely heart breaking. 

"Seconds before your mother was saved, she was with Nadine and they were both being held together in the same room. Seconds before your pack had rescued your mother, a warrior of our pack watched as your mother had killed Nadine- point blank with one of the rogues' gun, in the head. Nina was dead instantly.