13 | eliza

The person in front of me jumped at the sound of the plate crashing to the ground, her mouth forming an 'o' at what just happened

"I am so sorry!" I babbled, instantly bending down to clean up the mess. After throwing the plate away and throwing the glass stricken sandwich-- I ignored the urge to cry at my lost snack.

"It's alright." I looked back up at the woman in front of me, a wide smile plastered on her face as she openly analysed me up and down with her eyes. "You must be Holly!" Her chirped voice and pearly whites peeking through her lips made me squirm away with how uncomfortable I felt a this very moment.

I'm not exactly the best with new people.

Especially overly smiley people.

"How do you know my name?" She chuckled at my confusion.

"How could I not know the Alpha's mate?" My eyes went wide. She knew I was Theo's mate? I'm not sure I was exactly ready for people to know that. "Oh and my mate told me, he's the Beta." She held a proud smile on her face as she spoke about her mate. 

Grey was her mate? 

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes in annoyance, Grey has been nothing but a prick to me. Despite trying to hide my discomfort, the unnamed woman noticed. 

"Grey is better when you get used to him, he can be an asshole sometimes." She shrugged, nonchalantly talking shit about her soulmate. She made her way towards me, sitting on the stool closest to me. 

"The name's Eliza." She smiled at me, her hand was held in front of her for a handshake which I was hesitant to take however slowly but surely I shook her hand.

She's weird. 

"So what's the deal between you and Theo?" I raised an eyebrow at her, indicating  her to continue, my wolf growled at how interested she was in Theo's love life however I pushed her feelings down. "I mean, Grey tells me that you don't like being near Theo, but you're trying to push him away instead of accepting the bond."

This time, I openly rolled my eyes at the mention of Grey. When did grown men gossip like teenage girls?  

"That is none of your business." I couldn't help but snap at the girl that was trying to get in to my business. People should stop putting their snouts where they don't belong. 

"It is if you're potentially going to be my Luna." The attitude that I sent her way was sent straight back to me, a little part of me was impressed. 

A little.

"If I'm potentially going to be your Luna, shouldn't you be showing me some respect?" I lowered my voice in hopes to sound intimidating, which seemed to work as the attitude from Eliza's face was instant to fall off. Her head hung low. 

"You're right, I'm sorry." 

Damn, not going to lie I felt high-key bad. 

"No," I sighed, leaning on the counter  as I kept my eyes on the shamed girl in front of me. "I'm sorry, it's just Theo is a touchy subject I don't wish to speak about at the moment."