33

Niall was just staring at the box. Then he looked straight at Harry.

"Is this a joke?"

Harry shook the head. He smiled a little bit and opened the box.

"I thought about to ask during,,, when we rolled around, but I forgot."

Niall immediately saw two rings of pure guild. He swallowed.

"Will you really want to marry me?"

Harry nodded.

"Yes, otherwise I wouldn't have bought the rings?"

Niall did so Harry rolled off him and then he sat up. Their bodies were sweaty and filled with rose petals, which was stuck to the skin. Amidst this chaos, Harry wanted to ask such a question.

"I ..." Niall frowned. He looked down at his hands. He hesitated. Harry slid up sitting and he put away the box.

"I'm sorry but I really want to have you in every way,,,"

Niall swallowed and it felt totally wrong. Partly Harry made it to be just one thing and partly Niall felt that it was a big step to take. He was scared, unsure and he hesitated because of many reasons. Harry slid closer to him and took his arms around his body.

"We can wait." he whispered hoarsely. "Forgive Nialler that I..."

Niall looked at him.

"It's not that..." Niall whispered hoarsely. "I always dreamed of the day when someone would ask me, but I've always seen him go down on your knees. I never imagined that he would just throw out the question, as if it were a game."

Harry frowned and he tried to lay his head askew.

"Niall I..."

Niall waved lightly with the hand.

"It's okay, but I really can't say yes. It's..."

Harry put a hand over his lips.

"No, don't tell me something as you will later regret. I accept no for an answer."

----

Niall felt bad because he had chosen no for an answer and not a yes. Partly he had wanted to say yes, but he was disappointed. Yes, he had actually had that little thought that one day they would take the big step. But Harry did everything so fast and he did everything in his way. Niall still wanted to have what he had dreamed about. The prince went down on his knees, looked him deep in the eyes, talked about how much he loved Niall and then he would take up the rings. Niall envisioned that particular picture, but Harry seemed to have a different view. For him it was just a thing as you did.

Niall could not sleep that night. He sat in front of the TV and he looked at some old movies. Right as it was it showed a film that Harry was in. "Love's choice!" Harry played a young man who came to a village and fell in love with one of the girls. He flirted with her and eventually she gave a way and had sex with him. It was precisely what got Niall hesitate even more. Niall saw how Harry was on top pf her, but it wasn't theater. Niall saw that it was genuine and he knew so well the expression on Harry's face. He got a lump in the breast. Harry had perhaps lied to Niall and said things that Niall wanted to hear? The more Niall saw the movie, the more he realized one thing. Niall had no idea who Harry was.

As the sun began to go up Niall felt just empty. The film was over and he sat with tears in his eyes. He chose to go back to the bedroom, but only to pick up his own things. He didn't look at Harry once, it would only make him repent what he now did. Niall got his clothes on and he couldn't even care that he was sweaty. Niall walked down to the hall with the bag. He took out a piece of paper and a pen. He put the note on the table and wrote:

"No!" and then his own name. Then he left the house and went home.