Chapter 3: Mr. and Mrs. Robeson

"What the fuck are you talking about? I can't be adopted, I am seventeen and who adopts a seventeen year old? I don't want some annoying people to adopt me and starts telling me what to do", I fume staring directly at her. She has the nerve to smile at me. I roll my eyes.

"Its already been decided on this morning Gemma. The Robesons will be coming tomorrow to sign the papers and there's nothing I can do about it now", she says smirking at me. The bitch hates me. I knew that but I didn't think it was this much. I wouldn't be surprised if she was the one who suggested my name to the Robesons and provided them with my documents. Ha-ha, now I see why she was so kind to me this morning. The witch is getting rid of me and she is ecstatic about it. I stand up too quickly and knocks over the chair behind me.

"This is all your doing you wicked bitch. I know you're the one behind this and I must congratulate you but you should know that I am not going anywhere. So I suggest you inform the Robesons of your little misunderstanding", I say turning and walking towards the door and opening it.

"You are going Ms. Henson, I can assure you that. But if you do decide to continue being resistant, we'll just have to contact the boss, he'll know what to do with you", she says rather smugly.

"Oh yea? Well I am not afraid of this so- called boss you all talk about. He could be the devil himself, I don't care. You can tell him to come and bite me because I am not leaving and he cannot make me", I say walking outside and slamming the door close behind me. I stand in the hallway panicking. She cannot call the boss, he's going to kill me. Damn! I need to pee.

*****

I push open my bedroom door to find Julie sitting in the middle of my bed going through a vogue magazine. She looks up at me when I step inside but goes back to reading as if I didn't just grace the room with my awesome presence. I roll my eyes and walk over to stand beside her. She doesn't even bother to look up. This bitch is crazy. She comes in my room, sits on my bed, reads my magazine and dares to ignore me. Hell no!

I snatch the magazine from her hands and watch enthusiastically as she shakes her head and looks up at me with a glare that could be used to wipe out an entire army.

"I am reading that Gemma, give it back", she says looking at me sternly.

"No, you were reading this", I hold up the magazine. "But now I want to read it so go find something else", I state selfishly.

"You're a bitch Gemma. A selfish, arrogant little bitch", she screams. She stands up and look into my eyes. "I've been nothing but nice to you and you don't even pretend to be nice. I am tired of your negative attitude towards me Gemma. This is why you don't have any friends, you'll be lonely until you wrinkle and die, excuse me", she screams louder. She attempts to move around me but I block her way and shoves me, so hard that I end up on the other side of the room with my head against the closet door. What the fuck?

I stand up holding my head which is by the way beating like a drum being played by a drummer. I glare at Julie who looks like she's about to freak out by the way. She starts running towards me and I mentally curse myself for being right all the time.

"Oh my God, Gemma are you okay?" she touches my head. I wince. "Shit! Look at me. Do you remember your name?" I look at her weirdly. "Do you know where you are Gemma? How many fingers am I holding up?" she shoves two fingers into my face while watching me with her hawk-like eyes.

"What the fuck are you Clarke Kent? Are you on steroids? I am so not that light. You threw me as if I weigh the same as a piece of paper", I groan out sulkily. "My head is killing me", I move my hand to touch the back of my head which now has a little bump, and I wince.