Chapter 10: Mine

(Picture of Druce)

Druce's POV

I take Gemma up to her room after making her eat a decent amount of food, to compensate for lunch and dinner, which we missed. I am exhausted and I wonder what Gemma is feeling. After all I am stranger that her, being that I'm a werewolf.

She refused to eat the food and I had to make a deal with her just to get her to finish it. She cleverly asked me if she could spend some time with Julie and Ana the next day. I was reluctant at first but I finally relented, only after she gave me the puppy-dog eyes. She is good.

She screamed excitedly when I said yes and I smiled, happy that I made her happy.

It wasn't a big deal. I'll just watch her from afar, plus I strictly forbade her from leaving the house. That was my one condition.

She was eager to accept, but knowing Julie and Ana, they'd probably drag her from the house unwillingly by force.

I can't take any chances. The Rogues could come at any time and snatch her right from my arms unsuspectingly. I couldn't risk that, risk her. I have to be prepared for whenever they plan to attack.

And that means never letting her leave my sight.

If they want a war, they'll get one. But I'll never let them get to her. Not while I am still alive.

She doesn't complain and I am grateful for her. She understands me, more than my own Beta sometimes.

From what I see, she actually likes being around me. She likes when I am close and she cleared that up perfectly when she came to my room.

I wasn't sleeping, I hardly ever sleep. I heard her from the moment she opened the door.

She didn't know I wasn't asleep when she was staring at me, but I kept quiet. I like her looking at me.

Her gaze warms my cold heart, and for the first time since my sisters' death, I felt loved. I felt needed. I felt peace.

But the problem is, I can't love her. Atleast not now. Not when Blade is still alive. That'd be reckless and I can't risk that. Risk her.

Gosh. I sound like a love sick puppy right now. But that's what she does and she doesn't even know.

She's a shy, blushing, walking magnet. And she's all mine.

-------------------------------------------

"Are you coming in?" Gemma asks.

I look down at my beautiful mate dazedly. "What?"

She groans loudly and I smirk. "I asked if you're coming in because you're just standing there. So, are you?" I smile at her and nod my head.

She opens the door wider and I step inside. She walks into the bathroom as it is past ten now.

"You can take a shower after I am finished". I hear the shower start running and I smile. She forgot to take clothes with her.

After a good twenty minutes sitting and doing nothing on her bed, I hear a small shriek and I smirk.

I get up and walk over to the closet. I open the door and stand behind it, carefully hiding my big frame behind the big door.

I hear the bathroom door open and Gemma pushes her head through it, looking around the room.

"Druce?" she calls, still looking around. "Druce, Are you here?"

When she doesn't get an answer, she hesitantly steps into the room. She is wrapped in a pink towel and she walks quickly to the closet, gripping the towel around her in a deathly grip.