Chapter 12: Trouble Near The Border

Unknown Persons POV

"What do you mean you can't get her alone? Are you even trying to?" The man barks at the person on the other line.

"Alpha, Alpha Druce is very strict when it comes to her. I can't even get too close to her again. She's unreachable". The person on the phone is quiet, too quiet.

The man growls angrily. "You better get her to that garden soon, and I mean very soon. And without the Alpha". The man is pass furious. He wants to get this over with soon.

He is missing his mate and the only way to see her again is for him to kill that stupid Alpha.

"I will Alpha, but I'll take a little time". The person on the other line sounds frantic, almost scared and he smirks evilly.

"If I don't have her within a month, just know that your mate is a goner. You'll never get to see him again". The Alpha grins widely.

The person sobs loudly, begging and pleading with the Alpha to spear the mate. "Your time is almost up, I suggest you get moving".

The person ends the call, still crying. The Alpha loves when they cry. It gives him strength, power. It makes him fearless.

But he is no real Alpha. He doesn't have the Alpha gene. He is a rogue, and the only way to get the title of Alpha is to kill an Alpha.

Who better to kill than the indestructible Alpha Druce?

He walks over to his bed as a knock sounds on the door. "Come in".

His beta enters the room. Not exactly a Beta, but whatever. He is angry, he knows that and he rolls his eyes at the clingy, infuriating man. "Why are you here? I though I told you I didn't want to see you".

The Beta cuts him off, rudely. "Did she call? Is she okay? Why did you have to tell her you're going to kill me?"

"I am going to kill you if she doesn't hurry up with that deal, and then I'll kill her afterwards".

The Beta rolls his eyes. "Yea right, you can't kill me. I am your Beta, your best friend". He sounds unsure to himself.

"We'll just have to see, don't we?" The Beta gulps nervously, certain he should not tempt his Alpha.

------------------------------------------

Gemma's POV

I am still in bed. Druce hasn't turn up as yet and I am getting worried.

I get up from the bed, too bothered to continue reading my book. I have more important things to worry about. I have Druce to worry about.

I walk to door and leave the room, hoping I'll see him coming in the hall. No such luck.

I walk down the dead hall, they aren't beautiful anymore. My heart is missing. Druce is missing and I have to find him.

Beta Bryce and Ana are in the kitchen, something is wrong. They are walking around, tensely. The entire vibe in the kitchen is intense and I start to panic. What could be wrong?

Bryce is never sad, that's why I like him. He is always happy.

I walk over to him and grab his arms, tugging him towards me. "What is wrong? Where is Druce?"

He looks at me sadly, almost sincerely and my heart breaks into a thousand pieces.

I grip his arms tighter, angrier. "Where is Druce?" I growl out this time. He flinches away from me and I realize I used the Luna voice on him.