Chapter 7: Lost, Hurt and Revelation

(Picture of Head Runner, Payne up top)

I am outside. I don't know how I got here but I am happy that I am. It is night and I am walking around in the beautiful garden at the Alpha's house.

I meticulously maneuver my way through the rows of flowers admiring their sheer beauty.

I stop before the red roses and sniff them, inhaling them like a drug. I smile and continue to walk along the path.

I stop suddenly when I hear footsteps behind me, crushing the dried leaves that are scattered on the ground.

I turn around to see who it is, but no one is there and I cowardly start to walk- run down the path. The once beautiful path turns dark and scary and I run faster.

Absent-minded, I stumble over a carelessly discarded pail and I come crashing to the ground painfully. I groan in pain and gets into a sitting position touching my now scraped knee.

Black boots come in my sight and I back away, still sitting on the ground. After reaching a comfortable distance away from the stranger I stand, glaring at the intruder.

He isn't ugly, in fact, he is very handsome. But oddly, his eyes are black, pitch black.

He looks to be in his late forties, but isn't noticeable, unless you look at him closely. He is wearing a blue button down shirt and black jeans. There is a knife in his right hand and I unknowingly starts to back away again.

The man cocks his head to the side, as if he's questioning my action and I glare at him stupefied. His hoarse chuckle reaches my ears and I cringe.

"So you're the lucky girl? Not bad, your actually very pretty", he sneers. I look at him obviously confuse and he nods his head understandably.

What is he talking about?

"Oh I see, you don't know do you?" He asks and I shake my head no. "Well, your mate has a lot of secrets, enemies too. But the man is indestructible, he isn't afraid of anyone, anything" he says staring me directly in the eyes and I involuntarily shivers.

"What's a mate?" I ask and he flicks his wrist, dismissing the question easily.

"That's not the point here", he says and I shut my mouth. "So you see, we want to kill him". My heart hurts upon hearing this and I grab my shirt, crumpling it in my fist. The man sees this and smirks.

"As I said before Gemma, Druce is indestructible and the only way we know how to get to him is to get to you first", he says and my eyes widen. "We have to kill you Gemma, right before his eyes".

The man's eyes never leave mine, even when everything registers in my really slow brain and I start to panic.

My hand is at my mouth, I think I am having a panic attack. I don't know though, I've never had one before.

My throat hurts and I slowly start to back away. I stumble over the pail again and I fall to the ground on my butt.

I really need to stop falling when my life is on the line, I curse myself. I could possibly be dying tonight and I am wasting time doing dramatic falls. FOCUS!

Movement from the man in front of me catches my attention and I watch absolutely terrified as the man disappears from the spot he was in and materializes right in front of me.

I scream loudly, the man only smirks at me.

"Don't worry Gemma, it'll be quick. I promise". He says touching my cheeks. I gawk at him. Is he mad or something?