Chapter 17: Friends With Better Lives

Gemma's POV

"Your lives are so much better than mine", I say looking at both Ana and Julie who are looking at me, pity evident on their faces. I don't want their pity though, I have enough for myself and everyone in this pack.

"Oh Gemma, that is so untrue. How can we be happy when our Luna and Alpha are in danger? Goddess, our whole lives are in danger. What about the pack?" Julie says grabbing my hand and squeezing gently.

"I don't know Julie. I lost my parents, my brother and now it looks like I'll be losing the only other person I've ever love. How can I cope with that Julie?" I remove my hands from hers and she looks at me sincerely.

I turn away from her, not in the mood to see her pitiful expression.

"You don't have it all that bad Julie", Ana speaks up. "Atleast you have a mate by your side every day. You should be grateful and cherish every moment you share with each other".

"I know Ana, but I would be way more comfortable and happy knowing that we don't have a threat on our backs. It's unnerving to say the least".

Ana nods her head, understanding my point. She stands up and stretch her legs before going back into her sitting position on the floor. Well, more like a curling position.

We are in Julie's room. My stupid mate forced us in here and threatened us not to leave or else. Unfortunately, there was some problems near the border and he went to check it out along with Bryce and Payne, seeing that they are all of high rankings. It is mandatory and just.

"What did you mean by atleast I have a mate Ana?" I say looking at her and stretching my legs. They are beginning to cramp from being in the same position for over two hours. "I thought you are happy with Bryce", I say while settling back into my earlier position and looking at Ana eagerly.

"I do Gemma. It's just that I think I'd be much happier with my mate, not my boyfriend", she says sadly. "I love Bryce, but I love love my mate, if you know what I mean".

I look at her, confused by her choice of words. What is she talking about?

"I thought you didn't have a mate Ana. So how can you love someone you've never met or someone you'll probably never meet?"

Ana looks away, eyes wide. She starts fiddling with her fingers, obviously nervous as hell. But why?

Julie clears her throat loudly, awkwardly ripping the thick blanket of silence that unknowingly surrounded us in the spacious room. The atmosphere is now thick with doubt and uncertainty.

Ana starts to move around and I unconsciously grab her hands, pulling her back into place. "What did you mean by that Ana? Have you found your mate? Have you been hiding that from everyone?" I ask accusingly.

"What?! No Gemma. How could you think such a thing? I would never cheat on Bryce or my mate for a fact. I didn't know you thought so lowly of me". She says sobbing softly.

"Good going Gemma", Julie says rolling her eyes. "You had to start the fountain, you better turn it back off". I roll at my eyes at that.

I crawl over to Ana and hug her. "I'm sorry Ana, I didn't mean it like that. It's just that you said it and made it sound as if you've already found your mate. I didn't mean to accuse you".

Ana looks up from the floor and nods her head. "It's just that the more I think about him, the more it feels like I already know him and that makes me happy". She says smiling lovingly causing me to smile as well.

"You're all here dreaming of fairy tales when your men could be in trouble" Julie snaps loudly. "Atleast you have a mate and you have a boyfriend, I have no one but my cousin. But I don't even have him anymore because you came and took him away from me. So you should all just suck it up!" Julie says pointing at me, then Ana and back to me again.

Wow, I didn't know she felt that way about me. I didn't mean to 'steal' Druce away from her.

Well, I must admit I was quite a mess before I found out they were related. The way I acted was way too shameful and embarrassing.

After a couple minutes of us just staring at each other Julie gets up and starts walking towards the closed door. I get up just as quickly and follows behind her. "Where do you think you're going Julie? Druce told us not to go anywhere, it could be dangerous outside".

Julie stops and looks at me, hatred evident in her eyes. What did I do? Does she really hates me?

"Who is going to stop me? You Luna? Because I don't see Druce anywhere here, and believe me, he is the only one who can stop me", she says turning around and walking towards the door again.

I don't want what came over me, or where my little sprout of bravery came from, but all know is that I am sitting on Julie awkwardly while she is thrashing below me wildly. One second I was watching her walk to the door, the next I am sitting on her petite form with my not so petite form. Yes I did it, I jumped on the bitch and took her down. What else can I do?

She deserves it. Shoot me.

Julie begins to scream loudly, and I have to cover my ears to prevent them from bleeding. She's like a damn Banshee.

"What the hell are you doing Gemma?" Ana shouts loudly, so that she can be heard over Julie's loud screeching. I pinch her ass for her to keep quiet but she continues to scream annoyingly. I wonder if she remembers that she is a werewolf. You know, super strength?

"I had to stop her Ana. She would've gone outside and I can't risk that. She could get hurt really badly", I shout back at her. Ana shakes her head amusingly.

"You didn't have to jump on her". She says laughing loudly.

Just then the door is shoved open, banging on the wall loudly and causing up to look in that direction where a frustrated looking Druce and an amusing looking Bryce stands.

"What the hell is going on in here?"

----------------------------------------