Chapter 15: Having A Mate Like Me

Druce's POV

I hug Gemma closely to my body, not feeling the mood to let her go anytime soon. She isn't complaining though, she is hugging me just as tightly.

I can't believe I almost lost her again. After what happened last time I should've known better than to allow her to go outside without me.

After what happened to my sister I should've known better than to allow her to leave my sight. I don't care if she thinks I am hounding her, it's not happening again.

I can't trust anyone else to take care of my mate.

I can't put my mate's life in someone else's hands. I'll have to protect her myself.

After all, she is my mate.

The wind whistles loudly, awaking the once dead forest, which was very comforting. Gemma's hair blows around us messily and I have to pull back to prevent it from going into my eyes.

A familiar scent reaches my nose and I pull away from Gemma looking around suspiciously. I push Gemma behind me, my big frame blocking her view from the disgusting person who steps out from the cover of the trees.

What the hell is he doing here?

Gemma manages to escape my grasp and pushes her way in front of me. She looks at the man for a while and then rolls her eyes.

I look at her, then the man, confused as hell. I am surprised but I don't show it, not in his presence.

"What the fuck are you doing here? I thought you left". Gemma hisses at the man. The man laughs loudly, obviously amused.

"Feisty huh? I like feisty. It's a pity I'll have to kill you though. Such a waste". I growl at him and he smirks at me evilly.

"I like her Druce. You're one lucky wolf. She is such a beauty". I growl again stepping forward. Maybe I should just kill him here and get it over with. But knowing this coward bastard, he probably has men in the bushes nearby. I couldn't risk Gemma.

Anyways he cannot attack me on my land without a reason. Once word gets out, he'd be a goner. Every pack in his country would be out for him, and they won't stop until he is dead. His army of rogues wouldn't be able to save him.

That was the only rule in werewolf's world, never attack a wolf on his own territory, whether in human form or not, without a valid reason.

If that one rule is broken, it is immediate death sentence. No excuses and no apologies, just immediate death.

"What are doing here Blade?" I growl out distastefully, his name tasting bitter on my tongue. To say I hate him would be too loving a word. I loath him, so much so that I wish I can snap his neck right here and now to end all this.

"What? Can't I come and visit my younger brother every once in a while. Why so inhospitable?" he asks while walking closer to Gemma.

I grab her hands and pull her behind me, shielding her again with my big frame. Gemma groan angrily, obviously displeased with my actions and I ignore her.

"I am not your brother and I'll never be. Now speaks, what are you doing on my territory?" I am furious now, my fist are clenching and unclenching on their own free will.

He chuckles, unaffected by my demeanour and stops right before me, gazing into my already golden eyes. "I was just having a word with your mate Druce, no need to get all Alpha wolf on me". My body tenses and I look at him questioningly. He sees my reaction and smirks. "Oh she haven't told you as yet. I found her here all alone, lost. We had a little chat about you and your past mistakes. We even made promises". He says laughing cruelly and I glare at him. What a sick fuck.