Chapter 20: How I Met His Aunt, Again (Part 2)

Gemma's POV

I quickly push Druce away from me and scamper my way from the counter that I am sitting on. Druce moves away from me, reluctantly of course. But he couldn't resist the look I give him.

I stand beside him, too embarrassed to say anything as I wring my fingers together nervously. Druce clears his throat awkwardly, cutting the thin sheath of silence that descended upon us in the now suffocating room.

There is nothing more embarrassing than being caught in the moment of making out with your mate, by his aunt.

Aunt May starts to walk further into the room, looking more intimidating than she always never appeared to be and I gulp nervously, loudly.

"What are you doing in here Druce?" she asks looking at Druce intensely and I look between the couple, now interested in their interaction, embarrassment totally forgotten.

Druce rubs his head again, something he'd been doing since I came into the kitchen. "I just got here Aunt May, I wasn't doing anything".

Aunt May shakes her head, cleverly figuring out that he is lying. I wouldn't believe him either.

"I specifically told you that what I am cooking is for Gemma", she replied, regarding him with a disappointed look. "Bad, bad Alpha, that's not right. You should be an example to your pack. What do you think will happen when they find out that their Alpha doesn't know how to follow rules?"

Now that is harsh. Wait, what?

I turn to Druce, fury obviously evident on my face because his eyes gradually begins to widen.

"You lied to me", I ground out angrily. "You told me you were cooking breakfast for me".

Druce raise his hands while backing away peacefully as I watch his movements like a hawk. "Technically, I didn't lie to you Gemma", he says smirking victoriously. "I just didn't say anything".

I glare at him, incredulously. "I can't believe this. What about breakfast in bed?"

"Hey! I didn't say anything about that. You just assumed that I was going to bring you breakfast in bed". He finishes smiling devilishly, but still manages to look quite handsome all the same.

"But, you just made me think all that. You could have atleast told me that you weren't the one who is doing the cooking". I say groaning loudly. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Letting you believe that I was the one cooking is much more easier that telling you outright that I can't cook", he says grinning at my gaping face. "Plus I wanted to kiss you", he finishes, causing me to blush bright red on the spot.

"He got that from his mother. I doubt she even knew how to boil water, much less fill the pot with water. Druce can't cook to help save his mate, or himself", Aunt May says, reminding us of her presence.

Somebody shoot me.

"Now, take a seat. Your breakfast is almost done. I am sure you will like it Gemma", She says smiling at me and causing me to smile in return. I can't help it, she has that effect on people.

I take a seat at the table, watching Druce as he eagerly moves to take a seat as well. He must love his Aunt's cooking.

"Oh no, not you Mr. Alpha. You don't get anymore. Not after stealing my food and lying to your mate", Aunt May says as Druce looks at her with wide, pleading eyes.

WOW.

"Oh come on Aunt. I didn't lie to Gemma, she just assumes too much", he says smiling at my gaping face, again.

No food for you Mr. Mate.

"Alright, but only if Gemma says yes. So, pray she does Alpha". Aunt May says while looking at me. She obviously wants me to say no. Why, to teach him a lesson?

Druce looks at me, pleading at first but I ignore him and watch as Aunt May starts to dish out my plate of food, which by the way looks delicious.

Just as Aunt May place the plate before me, I make the mistake of looking at Druce and what I see on his face is enough to crack any mate.

My adorable Alpha mate is looking at me with those big puppy eyes, which I have to gush over. And, as expected, I crack and allow him to take a seat as Aunt May moves to share a plate for him.

He digs in right as the plate is place before him and I watch him happily as he consumes every piece. I still have a little left on my plate as I was busy watching Druce eat, I didn't get to eat much.

But hey, I'm still full.

I get up from around the table to clear away the dishes. I bring them to the kitchen where I find Aunt May standing over the sink, seemingly lost in thought.

I walk to her and touch her shoulder, causing her to jump a little from fright. "I'm sorry Aunt, I didn't mean to scare you. I just wanted to see if you are alright". I say, regarding her with inquisitive eyes.

She clears her throat and goes back to clean the dishes. "I'm alright child. I was just thinking about something, I didn't mean to worry you", she says and I shake my head, disagreeing with her.

"Don't worry about that. You can talk to me anytime you want. But nothing too embarrassing that involves Druce and me", I say laughing a little, trying to lighten her mood.

It didn't though.

"Today is her birthday, you know?" I shake my head no, not knowing who she is referring to. "Druce's mother, Ruby", she says, turning to look at me. "Every year since she died had been hard on Druce. She might've been wicked in the end, but she was still his mother. Sometimes I think he misses her, wished she never changed, or even died".

I look at Aunt May, totally enthralled by her story. "But you know what Gemma. That's not happening today, and I believe it's because of you. You make him happy Gemma, you make him forget", she says hugging me tightly. "And I can't thank you enough for that". She wipes her hands on the dish cloth and walk from the kitchen, leaving me speechless.

Just as she disappears out the door, loud knocking sounds from the front door and I rush out of the kitchen just in time to see Runner Payne rushing through the door and staring at us with wide, frantic eyes.

"Alpha, you must come to see this", he says to Druce, causing fear to course through me like hot, molten lava.