Chapter 14: Feeling Loved

(Picture of Rogue Blade)

Gemma's POV

I left the garden immediately after Julie dropped that bomb on me. It was too much of a load for me one to carry. How is it possible that I, a small unfortunate girl who lost her parents at the tender age of fourteen could take care of so many people?

It wasn't only unorthodox, but it was also unbelievably. So unbelievable that I had to take a good ten minutes to understand what Julie said.

It was insanely impossible.

I couldn't possible help them. I needed someone's help. I needed saving of myself.

I haven't done anything to deserve this. Alright, maybe I was a little bit of a spoiled brat, but that was back then. Still it doesn't compensate for what I am going through now.

How am I supposed to accept that I am going to die? How do I move on from hearing that from my almost best friend? How do I move on knowing that Druce is going to die too?

If he is indestructible as they say he is, he'll be alright won't he?

I don't want to die, but if I have to, fine by me. But no one, and I mean no one touches Druce.

Ha-ha, funny how I am thinking about saving Druce's life when I don't know how to save myself. Who am I up against anyways? That's what I'll have to find out.

If Julie says I am their 'Luna' and I'm supposed to save them all, then I'll be just that, brave and indestructible just like Druce. Well at least I'll try.

I mean, I managed when my family died. I managed when their funeral day came. I managed when I got to see my father and brother one more time before they were lowered in the ground. I managed as they sang that awfully boring song. I managed when they sent me away from my home to live in some unknown house.

And I managed as I am here, alive and unhurt.

I didn't get to see my mom, her casket was closed. They said they didn't found her body in the car, but they did found her blood. I believe she is dead. How can she not be?

Often times I would say maybe she made it out alive. Maybe they collided into another car and mom was thrown from the car, she never liked wearing her seatbelt, many times you would hear dad arguing with her about it. Maybe, just maybe she hit her head from the fall and someone found her. Maybe she's alive but doesn't remember where she is, or who she is.

Maybe, just maybe, I can get to see my mom again.

--------------------------

I don't know where I am. All I can remember is me getting up and running away from Julie bawling my eyes out. She didn't come after me, I needed some space.

I look around, I am completely surrounded by trees. I couldn't even see the sun. I start to panic.

What if Druce can't find me? I am definitely lost and I don't know where I am.

He'll find you Gemma, that's what the marks for. He'll find you soon and you'll be okay, my subconscious reminds me.

I calm down, now more certain than ever that Druce will never let anything happen to me. I trust him. I love him.

I walk along the path that I see, basically the only thing I can see. It seems to be dark, but I know it isn't. I checked my about ten times already, just to be sure.

I walk onwards, too consumed in my thoughts to hear the slightest crunching of leaves behind me. Too distracted to recognize the man as he steps from the shadow of the trees around him.