Chapter 16: The Suspicious Alpha

Druce's POV

"What the hell is taking you so long Payne?" I shout at the very scared looking Runner. Two fucking weeks have passed and still he cannot find anything on the Rogues that are after Gemma.

I've been in my office everyday going through files sent over from other packs on the different Rogue isolation in the country.

I made several calls, still nothing. I can't find any potential Rogues who are brave enough to perform such a task of trying to demolish my pack.

Except for Blade that is.

That son of a bitch won't stop until he kills each and every member in this pack. That is if they don't surrender.

But I don't train my warriors to give up that easily. They'll have to fight to the death.

The only problem is that, he may be a narcissistic jackass but he is no liar.

So imagine how conflicted I am when I think about what Blade said two weeks ago.

Who, besides from Blade could possibly be trying to accomplish the impossible?

"Alpha, we've been searching for a while now. There is nothing to give us a sign that some other Rogues are after the pack". Payne says looking at me. "We'll continue our search Alpha. But I won't promise you anything new".

I growl, frustrated at my lack of knowledge on the Rogues in the area.

"Just find something Payne. This is taking way too long. You can leave now". I say after taking a seat in my chair.

Payne walks to the door and open it. He closes it behind him after nodding a goodbye to me.

I take the bunch of files that are on my desk and open them. My head is pounding and I grimace. This is the only time I show emotions, when I am alone or with Gemma.

Otherwise, I am stone dead. Emotions will get you killed. I learned that the hard way.

My dad got killed by his emotions.

When he was younger he met my mother. She was beautiful, just the way he liked. But, she wasn't his real mate and he never found his. So they mated, fell in love and had my sister and me.

She found her mate afterwards, Rogue Slade and she wanted him, her real mate. But my father was too attached, so she killed him, just to escape from him.

Emotions got my father killed and I sure as hell won't let it kill me as well.

Alpha, how did the meeting with Runner Payne go? Bryce asks through the mind link and I groan. I forgot to block everyone out.

Not so good Bryce. No such luck on identifying the Rogue pack that are preparing to attack. I say to him. He is my best friend, but at a crucial time like this, no man can be trusted.

Sorry to hear that Alpha. You should come for your mate, she is getting very annoying down here. I swear my sensitive ears are bleeding. I smirk at Bryce's words. That's my Gemma.

Don't bother, she's on her way up. Bryce says. What?

No! Tell her she can't come up yet. I am still working. I say hoping he tells her in time. I can't have her up here, she's distracting.

Too late Alpha, she's already on her way up. I groan loudly just as the door is pushed open and a tired looking Gemma saunters inside my office.