Chapter 13: Mind Reading

Gemma's POV

"Where were you yesterday?" I ask the very busy Julie. She has been bustling all over place since morning.

She looks to be worried, slightly panicky to say the least. When I asked her what was wrong, she said, and I quote, "It's none of your business. Why don't you leave me alone?"

I haven't said a thing to her since then.

She finally sits on the bed, eerily calm now. I think there is supposed to be a hole in the floor from all her pacing, but luckily it is carpeted.

"I was busy. You should know what that means since you hardly ever have time for me anymore".

"When have I ever had time for you? I don't remember asking you to befriend me". My eyes widens upon recollection of my words and I look at her apologetically. "I'm sorry Julie, I didn't mean that. It's just that I am having a very shitty morning".

"I don't need your apology Gemma. You don't care about me, I understand. Duce is your number one priority". Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. But that's not the point.

"That's not true Julie. I do care for you and to show out that, I will spend the entire day with you outside, I am sick of being inside all day". I say jumping from the bed excitingly.

"Whatever, you're forgetting something though. You can't go outside without Druce".

Shit, I totally forgot that. "I'll go tell him right now. Be ready when I come back".

Yeah right, that's if I do.

Druce will probably tie me to his bed before he allows me to go outside without him there too.

Arrghh! Mates are so frustrating.

--------------------------

"No, you're not going". Druce says with finality in his voice. I glare at him, not once backing down as I watch his eyes change from brown to golden orbs.

I have been here for thirty minutes trying to persuade him calmly to let me go outside with Julie for three hours. Thirty fucking minutes. And still nothing.

The man is as hard as a rock. He doesn't even budge. Julie had probably forgotten about our plans.

The thing is, I am way past calm. He knows that.

"I am going out with Julie and you can't stop mister", I say poking him on his chest. He growls at me and I glare at him, daring him to growl at me again.

"You're not going anywhere mate, so you can just go and sit on the couch comfortably". I roll my eyes at him, not in the mood for round two of our bickering.

"I am going Alpha, whether you like it or not". I say staring him right in the eyes.

I turn away from him and walk towards the door. He haven't said anything, maybe he finally realized that he cannot stop me.

Just as I am about to open the door, victory strong in the air, I am pulled back into a rock hard chest. Sparks erupts on my back and I sigh leaning into him further. Druce laughs at me.

This is so not fair. I am supposed be the winner here, I need to get to Julie.

"Let me go you fucking cheater. I'm gonna lose my only friend over this. Let me go!" I scream loudly, furious with his childish actions.

Druce pulls me towards the sofa and I thrash around wildly in his arms. I attempt to bite his hands, but he is tough. He didn't even flinch.

"What the fuck is going on in here". I look up to see Julie standing in the doorway, looking at us as if we're crazy.