Chapter 9: She Knows

(Picture of Ana)

As promised:

                                                                                           Druce's POV

She knows. That's all I can think about as a look at the brown-eyed beauty before me confused as hell. She is beautiful indeed.

She is short, too short. I tower over her 5 ft. 4inch frame easily. She have to look up most of the time when she is talking to me.

I know that she got me hooked from the moment I saw her. But, she doesn't need to know that. It's bad already that I got a mate, someone I didn't want before. I can't say the same now.

My wolf is the controlling freak. Since he is stronger than me and very attracted to our unfortunate mate, it's hard to reject her, hard to deny that her presence here, in our house, is affecting me. Because it is very much doing that.

I like her, I admit this. But she can never know that. She must never find out.

I am a messed up piece of shit with a lot of baggage, secrets and most dangerously, enemies. They can never find out about her.

That's why I have to push her away, but I can't. It's hard when I have to look at her every day, too scared to let her leave my sight, too afraid something will happen to her in that little time.

I have been getting a lot of war threats over the last few years, mostly from Rogue Blade, the wicked stepson of the bitch who murdered my father, my mother.

That's right, my half-brother wants to kill me and he will stop at nothing to do so. That is why I can't love Gemma. I can't mark her and I can't take her out in public.

If I do, I might as well be signing her death certificates. That cannot happen though, not when I only just found her.

I have to kill that Rogue first. I have to know that he is six feet under before I start doing anything with her. She must be safe at all times, and the best place is with me, where I can see her always.

They say I am indestructible, but I am not. I am a weak, pitiful excuse of a man, I believe.

I watched uselessly as my mother murdered my father in his sleep, stabbing him multiple times in the head with our kitchen knife. I was fourteen then, almost a man. But I cried like a baby.

Apparently he forced her to mate with him. She wasn't his real mate and she hated him for that. She found her real mate a few years later, after me and my sister's birth. He wouldn't let her leave, so she killed him and abandoned us.

And I watched the same events transpire again when I watched my mother's mate, Rogue Slade, Blade's father, murdered my sister out of revenge of me murdering my crazy ass mother. She deserved it though.

My sister, Drea, was the light that kept me sane during those tragic years after my father's death. But that wasn't enough to calm my growing anger. I killed my mother soon after, decapitating her head from her body with the same knife she used to kill my father. I killed her mate, Rouge Slade too.

He too deserved it. He was the one who influenced the woman to murder my father.

I don't feel regret, only satisfaction.

I was seeing blood then, everyone's blood and they cowered away from me, especially after I got my Alpha title four years ago. They still do and I feel pleasure sometimes seeing this. I basked in their fears. Now I just ignore them.

--------------------------------------

I am shaken from my stupor when Julie screams, very loudly, causing me to grab my ears cringing slightly.