Chapter 11: The Pack Houses

Gemma's POV

I pull back from Druce surprised. "Really?" I am excited to hear his answer. I know he doesn't want me to leave his side, but I've never heard him say it out loud.

Druce nods his head. His fingers trail down my cheeks as he looks at me, lovingly?

I stare at him, trapped in his gaze.

That same gaze that causes everyone to bow their heads low in submission, but only seeks to start a raging inferno inside me. A fire so hot that not even a truck full with water can cool down. Only him.

I think I like like him. But I can't say that out loud. It'll be embarrassing if he doesn't say it back.

I grip his fingers tightly, lovingly and he does the same. Our feelings are the same, I can feel it.

But no one says anything. We're too afraid to. There's too much going on around us now. Too much drama.

I feel I am in a scene in 'Strange Love'. You know? The part where they stand staring into each other's eyes for a good five minutes, with their song playing in the background. Awkward, right?

I break eye contact with Druce and clears my throat nervously. This is getting too intense for my liking. I start to let go of his hands, but he grips it harder, reluctant to let go.

I look down at our joined hands and back up at him. I smile knowingly at him and he did the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my entire eighteen years. He blushes.

I freeze. My entire body put on pause like a movie as I stare at him, completely mesmerized, enchanted, trapped. My heart is racing rapidly and think I am going to have an epileptic shock. My heart is jumping around happily in my chest, too evident from the one, two, three, four beats that my heart skips.

Druce looks at me the whole time. And I watch dazedly as concern takes over his features and he starts to shake me gently by the shoulders.

I watch the moment his concern changes into panic and his once gently shake becomes a full body shake, rattling every bone in my body. I feel sorry for him. I don't like seeing him sad.

He calls my name repeatedly but I don't answer. I can't answer. My tongue is tied down in my mouth and I want to cry. Why can't I talk?

The sudden movement of him throwing me over his shoulder frightens me from my dazed state and I slap his back gently.

"What are you doing?" I ask confused. He stops walking and turns me around to balance me in the air so that my feet are still not touching the ground. I glare at him, frustrated by his action. "Put me down. I am not some rag doll that you can throw over your shoulder whenever you feel like".

He smirks at me but puts me down gently. "I thought something was wrong with you. I was only going to take you to Beta Cole".

"Who is this 'Beta Cole'?"

Druce looks at me for a while. I arch my eyebrows at him. "He's the pack doctor. I look at him impassively and he sighs. "Do you want to look around the pack? I can't introduce you to anyone though". I nod my head excitedly. He pauses as he's about to walk off. "What about the girls? Aren't you supposed to be meeting with them soon?" Darn it. I totally forgot.

Druce begins to pull me away from the Alpha house and I start to protest. "Ah Ah, we are going. Plus I need to feed you first. You can tell them you'll meet them later or something. But we won't go until you eat". I close my mouth immediately, swallowing my protest.