Chapter 4: Mate

(Pic of Druce at the top. I hope you enjoy, and please, do share your comments).

N. B- please note that all places and addresses in this book are fictitious.

Mate.

The one word that made all my anger towards Ms. Hemshire dissipate. The word that left me extremely calm even though I will possibly be adopted today. The word that left me feeling ecstatic and I don't know why.

That word.

That one word that left me thinking that I might have just fallen in love unknowingly.

I decide to break the silence and I did that with the stupidest question I could think of at the moment. "Are you British?" I ask even though it is quite obvious from his tone that he is not. The Beta chuckles and I pout. The Alpha remains unfazed.

He walks further into the room with quick, long strides and I notice how everyone in the room, except the Beta bow their heads. I am not surprise though, his presence demands respect and submission but weirdly, I don't feel the need to do so.

"Ms. Hemshire, you called. Now tell me the problem, I have more important matters to deal with", he rushes out and I swear I just died, went to heaven through the pearly gates and came back. His voice sounds as smooth as velvet and for someone who is supposed to be scary and intolerant, he sure does have a sexy voice. There is an inscrutable darkness that follows him and I wonder what it could be. I whimper from the strange sad feeling that takes over my body and I look up to find everyone looking at me, including the Alpha.

I stare at him completely mesmerized and unknowingly start to move towards him. He watches me intensely and I swallow the lump that forms in my throat. I am suddenly pulled backwards by a frantic looking Ms. Hemshire who shakes her head signaling a no to me. A loud growl rang throughout the room and her hand immediately leaves mine. I look at him surprisingly but again weirdly not afraid, the same cannot be said about the Headmistress.

I study him carefully, there's no doubt that he's handsome. It is quite obvious. He has curly dark hair and it sits perfectly on the top of his oval shaped face. He is wearing full black pant and shirt that shows off his muscular chest easily. I pout, I don't want him wearing that in a girl's school.

I instantly know I am attracted to him and I sigh dreamily. I sag on my feet and before I know it he's right in front of me, holding me up by my waist. I gasp and look up at him confusedly as electricity courses through my entire body, from my head to toes. It feels extremely good and I bask comfortably in his arm as if he's the sun. His expression changed ever so slightly to that of yearning before quickly morphing back into his usual apathetic expression.

I push closer towards him and lean unto his muscular chest. I sigh dreamily and drown myself in his heavenly scent, which comprises of the two best scents ever, the dirt when the rain just falls and dark chocolate. I pull away from him and look at his face.

"Alpha?" I turn around quickly and glare at the Beta for interrupting, he smirks at me and I blush when I realize that everyone is watching up interestingly, I cover my face with my hands and turn around to hide my face in his chest. He growls lowly and I sigh feeling very protected, again, I don't know why.

"Alpha", Ms. Hemshire speaks up, "Meet the very stubborn Gemma Henson". The alpha attempts to release himself from my hold, and he really tried but I couldn't let him go, atleast not yet.

"No!" I shout still holding onto his shirt. "I am not going anywhere with them, I told her I don't want to be adopted", I sulk in his arms. I turn to look at the Robesons.