Chapter 23: Never Losing You, Ever

Gemma's POV

I walk further into the pitch black room. I don't know where I am, only that I need to find Druce. That is the only thing that consumes my thought as I wander aimlessly around the dark room.

I can't really see where I am going but it doesn't matter, it is almost as if someone is leading me somewhere. I am not sure what, but if it leads me to Druce, then I don't see the reason to complain.

I walk further into the room. There are weird noises coming from each and every dark cranny in the room and I hug myself tightly, suddenly scared of the darkness.

Suddenly it isn't dark again. I am now in what seems to be a kitchen, the difference is that it is brighter than the other room. Sunlight is peaking through the beautiful curtains at the window, giving the place a comfortable and inviting feel.

There is a table in the center of the room, loaded with food, ranging from eggs, bacon, pancakes, everything I can think of, at the moment.

My stomach growls at the sight and I have to remind myself that this isn't home so that I didn't take any. I walk further into the kitchen with hopes of reaching the counter, but that didn't happen.

The more I walk, the more the room seems to lengthen and I gasp loudly, mesmerized yet scared of my revelation.

What kind of place is this?

I start to run, but that doesn't help much either.

I am suddenly pushed into another room. This time, the room is pitch black with flames burning high. I push myself unto the walk behind me, afraid the strong flames might engulf me in its fiery depths. I call Druce's name loudly, but nothing happens, except for the string of echoes that follows behind.

This place is lifeless. Dead.

I call Druce's name again and somehow the heavens hear and I am pushed outside in some bushes right behind a man covered in black clothing. I look around confused until my eyes land on the person of my every waking thoughts, Druce.

I start to move forward, but I can't move and I groan angrily, frustrated with myself for getting myself caught in the bushes.

I turn around to let myself loose, but found nothing. None of my clothes is caught in the bushes. I just can't move. Literally.

The man before me begins to laugh and I look to see Druce and Payne looking at something over the border line. What is going on? What did I miss?

I try to call out to Druce but no sound comes from my mouth. I grab my throat, eyes wide in fright.

I can't talk.

The man before me turns and start to walk towards me. I start to back away quickly, afraid he will collide with me. But he just walks right through me, stopping and looking back for a while as if he saw me. But I am wrong, he turns around and continues walking down the path and I follow behind him, just in case he happens to know the way back.

The man walks to the pack house, the Gamma's pack house and enter easily. He walks up the stairs and stops at a room, before pushing the door open with such force that it bangs into the wall loudly.

I walk in after him, and watch as he kills the poor woman inside. He rips her throat out without a second thought and walk into the adjoining bathroom with strong, powerful steps. Almost like Druce.