Chapter 18: Friends With Better Lives (Part 2)

Druce's POV

"There is no one out here Alpha". Bryce says looking at me tiredly. "We've been out here searching for over two hour now Alpha, no one is here. Even if there is someone out here, they are either invisible or very good at hiding and covering their scents". Bryce finishes before taking a seat on an old stump near the border line. He looks exhausted and so does everyone else here.

I drag my hands down my face, frustrated by our lack of findings. I do not do emotions but I think everything thing can be seen on my face now, from frustrated to angry to tired and back to frustrated again.

"There must be something here Beta, everyone makes mistakes, even the best of the best", I say groaning loudly. "They must have left something behind, check the unclaimed territory for tracks or anything, even discarded clothing from shifting". Payne nods his head and motion to his team for them to follow him. They all leave, except for Bryce, who is still sitting lazily on the stump.

"We need to find them Bryce, we need to find them before they can get to Gemma. Its full time we end this madness and get rid of that disgusting Blade so I can get back to my mate and pack", I say running my hands through my slightly damp hair. I really need to take a shower.

Bryce nods his head understandingly. "We will Alpha, we will. But first we need to check on them now, we left them a while now and we brought most of our good fighter with us. Anything can happen Alpha", Bryce says and I am quickly off to check up on my mate, not once looking back.

Everything is quiet until we reach the front door. It's almost as if the house suddenly knows how to talk. Julie is screaming loudly, but not as if she is in trouble, more like playing I think. Gemma and Ana sounds to be talking to each other, loudly might I say.

This seems like a big disaster. What mess are we going to step into now?

I push open the front door after looking at the very amused Beta. This man finds everything amusing. We walk to the room where the noise is coming from, Julie's room. I push open the door and stand in the doorway, trying to be as intimidating as possible to scare them a little.

But not even my stance, stoic emotion or bulky frame prepared me for what I see next.

Julie is sprawled on the floor on her stomach thrashing around wildly and screaming her head off. Gemma is poised high on her straddling her back and looking very guilty. Ana is standing with her hands on her waist looking down at the two amusingly.

"What the hell is going on in here", I say loudly while struggling to remain stern and intimidating. I mean, it's not every day you get to see this.

Gemma looks guiltier than ever and I have to fight the laugh that is threatening to break free from my lips. But I know she can tell I am not really angry at her, it's quite evident in my eyes and she is staring right into them.

"She tried to leave", Gemma rushes out pointing at the cabbage look-alike Julie below her. "So I had to stop her", she finishes looking down.

I look at Julie sternly causing her to groan loudly. "I thought I told you not to leave until we return Julie. What's wrong with you? Are you deaf?" I shout at her

"Well you weren't here, were you? You didn't order me to stay and I wanted to leave, so I was leaving. That was until your bitch attacked me, what if I got hurt?" I growl loudly at her words and she roll her eyes. "If you don't mind, could you take her off me because I still want to leave"?

I move towards Gemma who still looks guilty and awkward sitting in that position. Aren't her feet hurting? Maybe she cannot move.

Just as I reach where they are on the floor Gemma stretches her hands up like a child and I pick her up and place her beside me. She suddenly grabs onto me causing me to laugh. I was right, she couldn't move.

Julie gets up from the floor and walks to the door. "Where are going", I yell at her but she only flips me the bird.

"Where do you think Alpha, outside", she shouts before slamming the door behind her. I am about to go after her but Gemma grabs my hands and pulls me back.

"Leave her be babe. She is angry right now, she'll come around soon", she says and I smile cockily at her.

"What did you just call me", I ask while smirking at her gradually reddening face. She is as red as a tomato.

"That's our cue to leave", Bryce says interrupting us. "Come on Ana, we don't want to intrude". As soon as the door closes Gemma's lips are attacking mine, taking me by surprise.

She kisses me hardly, biting and nibbling on my bottom lip. I kiss her just as fiercely, putting all my anger, frustration and love for my mate into that simply kiss. No words needing to be spoken between us to convey our feelings for each other.

She pulls away to take in some much needed oxygen and I smirk at her. She kisses me again, slowly, softly causing me to smile against her lips. "What took you so long? I missed you?"

"Sorry babe, but things got a little out of control and I lost track of time. Nothing to worry about". She pulls away and looks at me as if I have grown another head.

"What are you saying? I will always worry about you?" she says truthfully and I kiss her nose gently before going back to her lips again.

"By the way, when did you get so brave?" I ask pulling away to look at her blushing face.

"Shut up", Gemma says slapping me on the shoulder.

-----------------------------------