Chapter 8: Double Trouble

Julie stops abruptly. A look a shock takes over her face and then finally realization. She laughs, awkwardly rubbing her hands together.

Aunt May and Beta Bryce, who I just now realize is standing in the doorway laughs loudly. Julie rolls her eyes.

Julie walk towards me with outstretched hands and I glare at them distastefully. She smiles at me and I cock my eyebrows questioningly.

"I think its full time I properly introduce myself, don't you think Druce?" she asks while looking at him. He nods his head and she clears her throat dramatically.

"My name is Julie", she stops and look at me. "Julie Lacrosse". My eyes widen in shock and I turn away from her in embarrassment.

I sit on one of the counter stools and hide my face in my hands. I hear laughing and I blush beet red. That stupid Beta.

I'm so embarrassed. I've been cussing her out and abusing her for the past two days, all because of the Alpha, and now I find out that she is his sister.

"Actually, we are cousins", Julie says and I blush again. I said that out loud, didn't I?

"Yes you did", Beta Bryce speaks up for the first time and I groan loudly.

I feel sparks on the exposed skin of my back and I lean into his touch. I turn around on the chair and put my head on his chest.

He rubs my back comfortingly and I sigh, warming to his touch.

"I think you should leave now, she haven't had much rest. Plus she needs to eat", Druce says and I mentally thank him.

My stomach choose to growl at this moment and everyone laughs, including the Alpha. I stare up at him in surprise, but he only laughs louder.

Everyone leaves the room leaving us. I look up to see his eyes golden again and I watch silently.

His eyes clear up and he looks at me.

"I just called the cook, he'll be here in ten minutes" he says taking a seat beside me.

"You didn't use a phone. Do you use a secret buzzer or something? This is getting very weird". He laughs again and I marvel at him.

He doesn't answer and I know it is another of his secret.

I stand up and walk to his seat. I push my way between his legs and he allows he, leaning back to look at down at him.

I touch his cheek and he sighs, leaning more into my touch. I smile at him. He looks very vulnerable and I surprisingly like this look on him.

"What are you hiding Druce?" He doesn't look at me. My confidence falls a little at his negligence.

I decide to try again. I pull his head up so that I am looking him directly in the eyes, never losing contact.

"You can tell me everything Druce", I emphasize each word so he knows I am serious. He nods his head.

His eyes travel down to my lips and my entire body heats up. I lick them nervously.

He starts to lean in closer to me and I stand still, not knowing what to do. Yet, I am eager for his kiss.

I want to taste his lips on mine, scratch that, I need to taste his lips on mine.

His lips are a mere inches away from mine, but then he stops and pushes me away from him.

Just then a man walks through the door. He bows his head at us and went to the cupboards searching around noisily.

I'm guessing he is the cook. But why did Druce push me away? It's as if he knew the man was approaching, heard him approaching.