Sabi nga ni Lil Peep at Selena Gomez, I'm "Falling Down!"

Boyoyong 3:16

"And thus, in these trying times, Unprettier rose from the ashes..."

Boyoyong 3:17
"...because Wattpad was hacked and she needed to change her password."

So while I'm here, I'd like to give out a huge THANK YOU to everyone who've sent me wonderful messages about Thinking Out Loud (journal one) and this, Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia (journal two). Ok, achievement ko na sa life that I can still spell that correctly.

Nahihiya akong magpasalamat sa inyo personally because I had seen your messages months (or years) late, but I'm really grateful that my journal entries brought you some joy, laughs, and hopefully some insights too. From the bottom of my heart and my dying charger, I really appreciate it!

I actually haven't stopped writing personal journals, so I'm pleased to share some of the tragically few entries that are the least depressing of the bunch. Here they are, in good old numbered-entry format:

[1]

Running gag (pun intended) na sa journals ko na lagi akong napipilit sumali sa fun run, at ilang beses na rin ako muntik mahimatay sa calisthenics. Ngayon, ikinagagalak kong ipahayag sa lahat ng adbot na nagbabasa nito na naka-uno ako sa P.E. thrice (note that pangyabang ng nanay sa Facebook ang "uno" sa unibersidad namin at hindi bagsak na marka, I thank you), at naka 1.25 naman ako sa isa pa. Too bad I stopped, dahil wala naman akong balak pakitaan ng chiseled na tiyan sa Tinder, Bumble, or whatever newfangled app horny kids use these days. Turns out all my vanity is saved for Wattpad.

Obviously, people's gym/training regimes have been wrecked by the quarantine, but visit any message board related to sports, exercise, and martial arts and they'll all say the same thing – many martial artists and gym-goers don't like the thought of training, but have to constantly coerce... este, convince themselves to do so, whenever and wherever they can. Kahit pa man ang ibig sabihin nito'y kaya mo lang gawing barbell/kettle bell 'yung ayudang galon ng tubig ni mayor, o sirang wheelchair ng lola mo.

And of course, fittingly enough (again, pun intended), it's on brand for me not to do any of that anyway. To the guy who replaced all his meals with vitamins and protein shakes, let's see how you'll fare against my diet of... uh... sugary coffee and junk food! Time for my McDonald's-supplemented body to show them who's boss... of falling on one's ass, 'cause that's the only physical activity my body can manage these days.

(Apparently, my logic is that the antidote to clinical depression is diabetes.)

One of the primary reasons why I don't want to train much – if at all – in martial arts recently is because I can't make myself build meaningful relationships there anymore

One of the primary reasons why I don't want to train much – if at all – in martial arts recently is because I can't make myself build meaningful relationships there anymore. (I'm like a reverse solipsist; I only exist when people validate my existence. Buti na lang walang Wattpad ang philo prof ko.)