God makes man and this is the devil's finishing touches.

Enlighten me: Ako 'yung tipo ng batang hindi naka-experience ng sagutan session—talking back, not pinoy henyo—sa magulang. Yes, kahit na ako ang may katwiran, shut the hell up na lang kung ayaw mong mapektusan. Dare to talk and your parents go batshit insane: Apparently, trying to explain yourself = talking back. And then they go off like a time bomb.

I'll try to enumerate the pros and cons of being raised like this—first off, talagang magkakaroon ka ng disiplina dahil takot ka. 'Yun nga lang, you'll probably find it hard to defend yourself... dahil takot ka. Subjective, really. Out of the people raised in this manner, some grow up to become violent parents themselves and some grow up to be pusillanimous parents. With that said, I am not by any means encouraging children to talk back to their parents... Hustle, Loyalty, Respect, BRAH! *insert John Cena theme music peppered with boos here*

'Yung mga nangyayaring conflicts sa soap operas, minsan nangyayari rin sa totoong buhay. Exaggerated for emphasis, of course, in hopes that the people who do crap like that could realize how awful and distasteful they are—'yun nga lang, mukhang ginawa pa nilang instruction manual. That's what I'd like to say about some of my parents' actions.

I rest my case.

Kahit na ipinalaki ka sa household na ganito, pwede ka pa rin namang maging good parent. 'Yun nga lang, change is a long and winding road... old habits die hard... *~iiT TaKeS 1 '2 kN0 1... insert cliché phrase here. Bahala na. Eka nga ni Rancho mula sa 3 Idiots"Even a circus lion learns to sit on a chair in fear of the whip, but you call such a lion 'well-trained,' not 'well-educated.'" So I think I made myself clear. Charot.

--x--