Chapter 1: School Days

Juliet's POV

Sitting in the library, book in my hand, heart in the story, i was unaware of the fact someone was trying to sneak up on me. Until i saw the world become darkness, and i could feel hands over my eyes. They were warm, strong and a little on the big side.

"Guess who" A familiar voice said to me. I knew who it was, my best friend of all time, Blaise.

"Hmm, A vampire trying to surprise me," I said, thinking very hard about it.

"Ofcourse, i'm Dimitri." He said, amusement in his voice, i knew that he was smiling, even though i couldn't see a thing.

"Yes, the almighty Dimitri." I knew that Blaise was shaking his head, i could almost feel it in my face from his hands. Suddenly the light shone in my eyes, luckily it was the library and it was only lights and not the sun. I turned to my left to see Blaise sitting next to me.

Blaise Wright, was by far my best friend, we had known each other since kindergarten, and we'd been friends ever since. He had soft, light brown hair that was longer at the back, but very stylish on him. A pulled over fringe covered his forehead. He had the most amazing blue eyes, which always made me jealous, but they were always filled with emotion, and only i could read what they said. Whenever he smiled, it always showed off his braces, somehow it made him look like....... well him. It suited him, a nice cheerful boy. His braces had given him the "nerd" status, along with the things he loved. I shared his love for everything. We were like the same person, but in two different bodies. Weird to think that.... but it just seems to be true. We did have our differences, but most just small. He was also tall and medium built. He loved to play soccer, and gave him the exercise for his body to be like that. He even had abs, luckily he wasn't like most of the jocks at the school, they were all body builder muscles, which i absolutely hated. His nature was similar to mine, he was smart, funny, bubbly, caring and creative. Everything a best friend like him needed.

Blaise put his arm around my shoulders, then took the book i was reading out of my hand. I tried to grab it back, but he wouldn't let me.

"Why?" I asked, i needed no further explanation for the question, he knew what i meant.

"We are going somewhere." Was all he said, then pulled me up. He took a look at the front cover and a big smile crossed his face, making his eyes twinkle slightly.

"Ah, brilliant book," I was reading Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian, the last book in one of my favourite book series. I have read it before, but i felt the need to read it again since the sequel series was coming out soon and i was completely excited about it.

"I know." I said. He was pulling me out of the library, almost like a safety spot for us, and out into the open. Dangerous as it was for us "nerds", we could handle it together. Our school was run by the jocks and cheerleaders, it was a nightmare for anyone who wasn't in their good books. Which kind of included us, we were the weird, nerdy kids. Mostly by our looks and our smartness. They didn't make my life a living hell, like they did to some kids, who i always felt sorry for. But i did get teased here and there. Mostly was just ignored, which is for the best i guess.

"Where are you taking me, Blaise?" I asked, looking around, where could he possibly take me, the school was large, so it could be anywhere.

I finally got my answer, we got to the back field, and alot of people- and by alot i mean over 100- students stood to the side, we had to push our way through the crowd so that we could see what the commotion was about. My eyes deceived me, as i saw my other best friend, Renee, and another guy called Dylan, standing side by side, in ready formation for a race. Obviously our friend was going to race Dylan, on foot that is.