Chapter 30: Hurt

Juliet's POV

The two weeks of exams passed quickly and I was glad. I felt happy with what i'd done. And that was all I could ask for. It was funny how much Brad was actually like me. Yet he was so different at the same time. Maybe it was because he'd spent all this time with the Jocks that he was just like an outsider, but I liked that in him. He could stand up for himself, and he was strong, both physically and mentally. He just made me feel good. And happy and strong. When I was with Seth he just made me vulnerable and careful, but also happy. Both made me feel like myself. But maybe Seth just had too many problems of himself that we began to slowly fall apart.

It started the day after the exams had finished and I'd been finished for almost 2 days now, just looking after Logan. Brad had shown up and was helping me with cleaning up Logan's room. It was a good thing for my dad that I was now free, it meant he didn't have to hire a nanny, or not be able to go to work. Which saved everyone a lot of extra stress. I was changing Logan's sheets when Brad came up behind me with Logan in his arms and was looking over my shoulder. "Look what's she doing? What's your sister doing?" He cooed. I smiled to myself, he was really good with kids. Seth was a little more awkward about it, but it made sense. We were only 17 after all.

"You'd make such a good mother, you know that right?" Brad said softly in my ear as I paused. His breath tickled my neck and I wriggled my head a little. "I know. Everyone keeps saying." I said just as softly. Kids. I almost didn't want to think about that. The future. It could all be so different if I got my early admission into College. The only person who knew I was going for it was Blaise. I hadn't trusted myself to tell anyone else, yet. "You'd make a good father." I said, slowly turning to face him. 

He smiled softly, his eyes softening. He was gorgeous. Maybe even more gorgeous than Seth. Oh god. No i couldn't think like that! "Well I'm hoping to be a father some day." He said casually, like he knew exactly when and with who. "Good, because whoever you're having a child with will be lucky to have you." I said, smiling slightly, only the corners of my mouth curving. I almost imagined me having his baby, living in a big house, us together. NO! Stop it Juliet, I thought to myself. I can't think like that. I was with Seth, not Brad. Seth and I were meant to be together. Or, were we?

"I know. And whoever the lucky fella is who gets you as the mother of his child will be grateful." He said and took a step toward me. He was almost pressed up to me, the crib was slightly digging into my back, as I looked up into his face. We were both staring at one another, me looking up into his eyes and him looking down into my eyes, his lips parted slightly. My brain switched off and my body took over, I started leaning up towards him and he started leaning down towards me. Our lips were inches from each other and I closed my eyes, wanting his lips to be pressed to mine.

Just a few more inches. His lips just brushed mine, but not yet pressed. When suddenly there was a loud knock on the door and we both jumped apart. "Oh shit." Brad muttered, taking a step back, as Seth walked in. He assessed the scene before him and his eyes narrowed, almost a murderous look crossed his face, for only a split second. I smiled at Seth and turned to finished stripping the crib. "Hey Seth, how are you?" I asked, my voice a little rough. I could hear Brad gently whispering to Logan. "Brad? I didn't know you'd be here." Seth said, not even bothering to answer my question. 

"Well, were you expecting some action or something?" Brad said bitterly and I flinched. Oh please no, don't fight. They're supposed to like each other. But I knew that the past few months there's been some sort of tension between them. "NO! Of course not, idiot." Seth said just as bitterly. I turned around quickly, seeing Seth right up in Brad's face. I rushed over before one of them could punch the other. I took Logan out of Brad's arms and scowled at the both of them. "Oi! Stop it you two, no one is getting any action from anyone." I said, and quickly kissed Seth's cheek. He frowned at me. "Why is he here? I thought you said that you had the house to yourself?" He accused.