Chapter 38: Leaving

Blaise's POV

I hated this. Hated seeing Juliet leave, but I knew I had to let her go. This was her dream, this is exactly what she wanted in life. I couldn't always be there to protect her, and we both knew that sooner or later I would've let her go anyway. Because I was never planning on going to Harvard. So there it was, the dreadful day. I tried not to think about it too much. But I couldn't help it, from the moment I woke up that morning it wouldn't leave my mind. I've never really been away from Juliet for so long. Sure I've been on holidays without her, but that was different, I'd always come back to her within weeks. This was it. The real deal, she was moving forward with her life. I was happy for her though, I really was, but I was also sad. I wasn't jealous. Not one bit. She has Brad, she had a baby on the way, she was going to her dream college. This was her life now. So we threw them both a big party that day. 

"Wake up!!!!" I heard someone shout and couldn't tell who it was. I slowly opened my eyes to find Anthony staring me in the face. What? He grinned at me when my eyes were fully opened. It was too bright so I managed to squint. "Good, you're awake! It's breakfast time, Viola told me to wake you up." He said and ran away. I was confused for a moment and realised that it was D-day, the big party. I yawned as I stretched and sat up. We'd all slept over at the theatre, where Viola and her family were still living. Viola, Shawn and their grandparents were still searching for the perfect house and they might have found it, but an open house wasn't scheduled until tomorrow. So last night was hectic, filled with so many people, including my siblings and Juliet's siblings. It was already like one big party, but a sleepover instead. 

I looked around to see that everyone was already gone, probably all in the 'dining room' which we'd made in one of the emptier theatre rooms. I quickly changed and went to the dining room. Seeing everyone sitting around the table, laughing, having fun was the best thing I'd seen in a while. It felt so normal and it made me miss all the holiday's I'd spent with both Juliet and my families. It also made me miss mom, but that couldn't be helped, she was gone and that was that. She'd stay in my heart forever. 

I took a seat beside Viola and Anthony. "Hi, had a nice sleep in?" Viola asked, kissing my cheek. I smiled at her and nodded. At least Anthony had woken me up because I was starving now. The food smelled soo good. I looked up and met Juliet's gaze, she gave me a sad smile and I knew exactly what it meant. She felt bad for leaving me behind, but she also wanted to pursue her dream. She was special and she didn't know that. She didn't know how much she could impact someone's life, I doubted she would ever know. I was just glad I knew her, and I knew we'd keep in contact constantly, she couldn't get rid of me so quickly. This was her adventure. 

Once the food had all been served Brad stood up, clearing his throat. "Everyone? Everyone? Listen up. I just have to say a few words before we dig into this delicious breakfast that Viola and Adrian have made. Thanks." He smiled over at the two of them. "So I know that this is our last day with you all for a while now. It's sad, but it's also a happy time, just remember that. We'll be back before you know if, we'll keep in contact," He looked over at me for a moment. "We won't forget about you. This is a special day for us and we couldn't have it any other way. You guys are all wonderful even if I haven't exactly known you all that long. I'm still happy that you're here supporting Juliet and I. May this be a good day." Brad sat down again with a nod. Juliet stood up, taking his place. There were already tears in her eyes and she smiled, wiping them away. 

"You guys are the best. I couldn't ask for anything else other than to spend my last day here with you guys.. I love you all, you've made my life worth living and I couldn't thank you enough. I know that the last few weeks have been hard on some of you, considering the whole baby thing, me leaving, Seth leaving, Viola's search. But we've all made it through in the end. I'm not going forever. I'll be back every holidays that I can. Everyone is more than welcome to come visit us too. I won't stop you. Not at all." She smiled as someone chuckled. She paused for a moment, looking at everyone in turn. "I'm finally going off into the real world and doing what I'm going to love doing. Please, everyone follow your dreams like I'm doing now. Do what makes you happy and above all, look out for each other. You people are the most important thing in my life, I honestly wouldn't know what to do without you. Especially Blaise, you've been with me through thick and thin. I'll never forget all those moments were we would gossip about our lives. I'll miss that, but you'll have to update me everyday, whether it's online or through text. Please do. I'll do the same. Maybe I'll start a blog or something and everyone can just keep up with me."