Chapter 20: Christmas Eve

• Dedicated to Ethan and Alex

Juliet's POV

Christmas Eve was here, and i was so excited, tomorrow as Christmas! Today i was going to spend the day with Seth and Ben. Just us three and at night i would see Blaise, Viola, Adrian, Brad and Renee. I woke up at 9:30 with Seth's sleeping body lying on a mattress on the floor next to Ben. I couldn't help but stare as Seth's chest rose and fell as he breathed peacefully. I wasn't even sure what we were doing but it was still going to be a brilliant day and that's all that counts in the end.

I threw my sock at Seth when i had enough of just looking at both the guys still sleeping. Seth woke with a start, but rolled onto his side and looked at me, smiled and lay his head in his hand propped up by his elbow. He's been doing that alot lately, after i told him that i liked him as more than a friend. He just stares and smiles. I always smile back, making him grin harder and his eyes shine so bright. I liked that there was someone who looked at me like that, and sometimes i'd look away and blush. But it's only been about 4 days of him doing it.

"Morning, pretty." He said, and it made me smile brightly that it hurt my cheeks. He'd usually text me this in the morning when he woke up, but this time he got to say it to my face and it was special. "What are we going to do today?" I asked him, he just looked at me, and a sly grin appeared on his face. "It's a secret, eh Ben?" He elbowed Ben in the back, "Uh. Yeah." Ben groaned back and it made me laugh, but it soon turned into a pout. "Why won't you tell me?" Seth sat up facing me with his legs crossed and he lightly tapped my nose, making me blink. "Because it's a surprise. DUH!" He said.

I had to laugh at how adorable that was, i knew people who did that tap on the nose thing, but it was so much better when Seth did it. Made me feel almost like a little kid, but at the same time it didn't. "MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!" I heard Spencer shout as he burst my door open, ran up to me and jumped on my bed. Almost flattening me in the process. I gave him a big hug. "MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE to you too Spencer." I said and he smiled as he did the same with Seth and then Ben who was still lying down, his hands over his ears. Spencer ALWAYS did this, it was his Christmas Eve tradition, and it made me smile to see him like this, even though mum wasn't here anymore.

I had to laugh when Spencer gave Seth a huge bear hug as he basically jumped off my bed and into his arms. It was almost like it was from a cartoon, nothing i expected from Spencer, or from Seth who practically caught him and hugged him back. Seth looked at me and winked when Spencer was in his arms. I shook my head and threw a extra pillow from my bed at Spencer's back. He glared at me but went to hug Ben.

"Breakfast time!" Spencer shouted, and he ran out of my room, with Ben, Seth and I all looking at my door for a few moments, confused at the sudden change of topics. We all turned too look at each other and burst out laughing. I got off my bed and walked over to the door and leaning against the door frame, my hand on my hip. Looking at Seth with a sly grin. It was my so-called seductive look, and Seth winked at me before laughing. I saw Ben holding his hand over his mouth, trying not to burst out laughing as Seth got up and slowly walked over to me, swaying his hips at the same time.

When he finally got to me, he put his arms around my waist and quickly scooped me so that i was half hanging there. He stared into my eyes and leaned down slowly. Kissing my cheek, but lingering longer than necessary. It gave me tingles and i smiled widely. He slowly put me back in my original position, winked again and walked out, brushing his arm passed mine. I turned so fast i didn't think it was possible, and walked behind Seth down our stairs to our dining room where breakfast was served.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We walked towards town, which was a 30 minute walk, but it was nice. Even if it was cold and luckily not snowing at the moment. We had our warm jackets on, mine was fluffy on the inside, and the hood aswell. It kept me warm, along with my Hufflepuff scarf, woolen gloves and a colourful beanie that also covered my ears and had twisted rope hanging from the ear flaps. It was my favourite beanie that Blaise got me a few years ago.