Chapter 7: The Stars

Juliet's POV

Brad was here. Standing behind Adrian, just looking at me, smiling. Why was he here? Everyone had stopped talking, they were all looking at the king of the school. The one on top, they one i tried to ignore all the time, even though he'd never done anything bad to me. He was a childhood friend, Blaise remembered only a few days before. But what made us stop being friends, i can't think of a reason and when i asked Blaise he wouldn't answer me. As if some unspoken rule forbid him too. But i know it had to do with me. Something major that no one would tell me about.

Brad stopped staring at me and sat down on the empty seat next to me. I just smiled at him, in a way i guess i was glad to have him there, maybe i could find out what made him different to all the other jocks. Something that made him human, someone like me. He needed to be desciphered, but someone that didn't see him in a way that the whole school saw him, and i thought maybe that's my job.

There was something in his eye's that i can't figure out, it seemed like he was so happy to be here, obviously for reasons unknown to me, or to anybody else. He'd told me he was curious about me, but i was also very curious about him, i wanted to know him like no one else did. The thought shocked me a little, but i could tell the reasons of my logic were good.

"Glad you could make it Brad." Blaise said, so i guess he invited him, what for? "Er so, how about another present round." I smiled, good way to distract everyone. I watched everyone's faces, they were all surprised at his appearance, but not as much as me. Adrian knew who he was, but has only seen him a few times. Blaise grabbed out a small box from the bag of presents, and i had to wonder what was inside. The box was fancy, it was beautiful and it was perfect. It was a black velvet box, with a single golden bow.

Blaise handed me the box, smiled brightly and said, "Go on open it." I slowly took off the bow, and opened the box. Inside was a silver charm bracelet. Something i've always wanted, deep down. There were three charms on it so far. One was a heart, i guess for our everlasting friendship, his own way of saying 'I love you'. The second was a book, since i was such a bookworm, so was he, it just made sense. It represented me. The last was a lightning strike, and i knew this had 2 meanings, one was Harry Potter, as one of my favourite series of all time, the second was Percy Jackson, as the first book was about the lightning bolt.

I loved this so much, i quickly got Blaise into a huge hug, and wouldn't let go for a while. "What did you think?" Blaise asked after i let go. "It's perfect." Was all i could say. "You can add your own charms on it, memories of anything, things that represent you. Anything." He said.

"Oh thank you, thank you." I smiled down at it, just lying there in my hand. Beside me i felt Brad leaning towards me, probably trying to get a good look at it. "It's brilliant" He said, very softly that only me and Blaise could hear it. I turned to look at him, i smiled and he gave me one back. "Want me to put it on for you?" He asked, i hesitated, but smiled and nodded my head.

I shifted so that i was facing Brad, i took a look at him carefully. He had brownish blonde hair, that was soft and slightly long, that went behind his ears, he had a pulled over fringe accompanying it. He had big green eyes, that were great too look at. He was tall and well built, with a nice amount of muscles. His face was both masculine and childish. His nose was softly curved and had full lips. He had a nice look about him, a slight glow whenever he smiled.

He picked up the bracelet from my hands, his fingers brushing over my palm. He let it hang for a little while, before he wrapped the bracelet around my wrist. His hands were big, strong yet they held a delicacy i didn't know could be shown in someones hand. When his hand touched my wrist, i could feel its warmth and softness. I looked up at Brad's face, a smile on my face and studied his eyes. They were filled with happiness and concentration as he secured the little lock. When he was done he held onto my wrist longer than he needed to. But a smiled appeared on his lips, making his eyes shine slightly. "All done" He whisered. "Thanks" I whispered back.