Chapter 9: Good life

Juliet's POV

In the morning i was happy, i don't know why, i don't know how. Last night i told Seth about Brad, even though he didn't know who he was. I basically told him everything i was thinking, feeling and knew. It was a good thing, he was just that easy to talk to. After 12am it was just me and him, and Kris. The others all went to bed. Later Kris decided to leave and it was just me and Seth. We sat together, facing each other and just talking. He was the easiest person to talk to, besides my best friends. It was serious, it was fun, it was.. normal. Someone who didn't see me as a nerd, that accepts me for who i am.

We started to get to know each other, knowing the basics. Today we thought we'd give each other questions and answers. Something we came up with at 1.30 in the morning. Though it seemed very normal at the time, even now the idea still sounds like good. He was my new friend, someone i wanted to have as a friend. So when i got up this morning, he was the first thing in my mind, and the first thing is saw, apart from Viola.(Who i was sharing a tent with). He had just gotten out of his tent, when he saw me and a smile broke on his face. It was an innocent smile, like one he couldn't help. I found myself smiling back at him, as i made my way over to him. He was just rubbing his face with his hands, trying to get the sleep.

It was funny standing next to him and seeing him rub his face. Blaise never did that, Adrian never did that, Aaron didn't either, and Spencer also didn't. I tried not to laugh at him, but a giggle escaped my mouth, causing Seth to look at me, with his eyebrow raised, questioning me. "It's alright, i've never really seen anyone rub their face like that. " He still gave me a questioning look, but one with a smile. "How was your sleep?" This time he looked at me fully. "It was good, do you by any chance know what the time is?" He asked me. I looked at my watch on my left wrist, "8:30, how come?" I asked. "Oh nothing, my girlfriend is going to call me every 12 hours, so she'll be calling at 9" He told me, so that's what it was. I smiled at him, "Oh ok, sounds good, but why?" I asked, if he didn't want to tell me then he didn't have to tell me. "Oh well, she just wants to know what i'm doing and what i've done." But somehow i knew it was more than just that, just the way he looked away from me.

"So, breakfast time?" I asked, he nodded, i gathered everyone who wanted to go on a breakfast run, like Blaise and Adrian. Kris was back at his camp site, so i'd meet him later in the morning, and Aaron was still sleeping. So the 4 of us went down to the canteen and had breakfast. When i was just finishing off, Kris showed up, so we stayed longer and he had his breakfast. We talked about Kris' girlfriend, and Seth talked about his, we even spoke to her when she rung him. It felt slightly awkward, i mean i had seen a photo of her. But i just couldn't imagine it.

Seth had a smile on his face when he heard her voice, but it quickly faded into a neutral expression worn by someone who didn't completely enjoy talking to someone. Though when she had stopped gossiping about her best friend and their gang, she said goodbye and hung up. Seth's smile returned when i said "Well, isn't she lovely" And out of the blue Kris started singing Isn't she lovely By Stevie Wonder. Ofcourse this made both me and Seth start laughing. It was a wonderful display, Kris couldn't stop singing it. "Sing a different song if you want to be a karaoke machine." I said, he gave me the evils, then thought about it and started to sing another song. Mad World  by Gary Jules.

I couldn't help but almost cry at how beautiful Kris was singing, we were still sitting in our seats where we had breakfast, and people had started to stop and listen. Not many, but enough. Kris had always been known to sing, and sing beautifully. The first time we met was when he started singing along with me, when i didn't even know i was singing. It was the perfect start to our friendship i thought. Then i saw the fun side of him, and it went on from there.

I found myself quietly singing along with Kris' louder voice, both of us singing now. Seth watched in amazement, probably at Kris' voice, he wouldn't be able to hear mine. I wasn't good at all, it was just a habit of mine.