Chapter 3: Bradley Cooper

Juliet's POV

"This time things will be a little different, instead of choosing your partners," people groaned, i was just in a little shock, it was bound to happen sooner or later, Mr. Malloy continued, "I will be choosing your partners for you."

We were in English class, and Mr. Malloy was talking about our major, and by major i mean M.A.J.O.R assignments, it was like a drama and English mixed together assignment. We had to write our own short story, together that is, that has to have a main theme, that we are given by Mr. Malloy. Then we have to create a scene from the short story and perform it to the class, ofcourse you'd need to write a script, then have costumes, and props. We had the whole term and holidays to do this, which gave us about, 12 weeks or so to have it finished. This may be difficult for some people, but i know i should be fine, or so i hope, as long as i don't get put with Max or one of the cheerleaders, it would be a miracle.

Sitting next to Aaron and Peirce, i glanced at them and we all sighed at once, we knew we probably won't be put together, since Mr. Malloy is known to mix things up, pretty bad at times, like one time he put a girl with this guy, and they absolutely hated each others guts, i think that the other did something horrible, and so it was absolutely too hard for them to actually do their project, the girl actually committed suicide. It was horrible when i found out, ofcourse Mr. Malloy didn't know anything about this, he was extremely sorry. The girl had problems at home and with her boyfriend aswell, so she was stressed, and felt VERY apart from the world, it was the only thing, AND it was only days before they had to give in their project.

Mr. Malloy began to read out the first name, Karen Ambrose, and she was partnered with Tommy Mckintosh, so that wasn't a bad thing for her, Tommy gave her a little smile, and i knew that it should all work out for them. A few names later it came to Bradley Cooper, the head jock, but he was just a mystery to everyone, a slight jerk, but ran everything you see in the school yard and beyond. He was the king of the school, there were rumours about him, but no one really KNEW him for sure. Unless it was his best friend, Mark Thomson. I think Bradley was just like Narnia, a wardrobe on the outside, things get taken out from him, but no one really knew what was inside it, he was probably a whole different person than he was at school. Since he doesn't bully, i knew that he had a nice side to him, though he doesn't really show it at school. He didn't bother me at all, once he even said sorry for bumping into me.

"Bradley Cooper," Mr. Malloy's voice interrupted me, and brought me back to reality. "Your partner will be Juliet Jones." My head swung towards Mr. Malloy.

Wait a minute, that was my name..... Yepp.. he was looking at me. I could see, and feel everyones gaze on me, like when someone knocks over food in a supermarket. I just wanted to hide from everyone, the whole world seemed to freeze around me, and saw Bradley look at me from the other end of the room, the tiniest smile on his face. Everyone else looked slightly worried, and the cheerleaders, well disgusted is what it was. I never in a million years thought i'd be partnered with Bradley Cooper, the head jock, basically a king, the ruler of the school, and me.... a Nerd who either gets ignored, yet everyone knows of me, or gets bullied. I blinked rapidly as Mr. Malloy broke the awkward silence, with announcing who was partnered with who.

At the end of the lesson i was still slightly shocked, but as we were walking out someone grabbed onto my shoulder and pulled me to the side. I looked to see that it was Bradley, what did he want?

"So, your my partner, this is going to be great." He said.

"Eh, um, ok sure thing." I said, not really knowing what was going on.

"Don't worry, i'm not going to let you do all the work, i'm actually really glad Mr. Malloy got us together. I've always be curious about you." This really surprised me.