Chapter 33: Crazy!

Blaise's POV

"I want things to be normal again, Viola. All this stuff is making my head spin." I said seriously. Viola's head was lying in my lap as we sat on my bed at home. We just had to escape this one time. Things had been rough for a while, and we hadn't been able to spend much time together, alone. And luckily we'd found the time for each other. "I know, me too. But there's nothing we can do about it now, can we! Josh and Florence are getting married in England. Esmee is going with them. They're leaving tomorrow. Nothing we can do to stop that. We can't change how Juliet feels for Brad or Seth. This is just life." She told me, glancing up at me with her sad smile.

I sighed deeply, feeling at a loss. She always knew what was right. Even though all I wanted to do was protect Juliet, who has seemed too self absorbed, like she's climbing inside of herself, and no one can she how she feels. Except Brad. He was the only one apparently. And they spend every single moment with each other, but never alone. Only when they go to sleep. "If I were writing our lives in a book, I wouldn't make our lives so bad! I want to be boring." I said, and I meant it. "But then it wouldn't make a good story and you know it! Besides no one writes books with the characters lives not bad. I mean look at The Hunger Games, or Harry Potter, or The Mortal Instruments!" She told me.

I shook my head a little, looking down at her. She was really beautiful, and I was so glad to have her in my life. She made things stable for me. The way her eyes twinkled at me always made my heart spin. The curve of her lips always made me want to kiss them. I lightly slid my hands over her hair and sighed again. "Ok, that's true. You're too wise to be 17." I chuckled. She poked her tongue out and lightly slapped my leg. "Are you saying I'm older!" She accused with a huge smile on my face. "Nope. I'm just saying that you're just wise, you know things none of us can see!" I told her, smiling back at her. She always understood what I meant, even if sometimes I didn't understand it myself. She said he was her 'gift' and I believed her. She was just so precious.

"So, what are we planning on doing today? The weather is absolutely gorgeous today! And I don't want to see you moping at me. I know you're just trying to protect all your friends, but you have to protect yourself too you know. Soon we'll all be off on our own, and life will finally begin for us. Just one more year. And hopefully things will be better then." She said, sitting up and facing me. I lightly cupped her face and smiled. "Ok. We'll go swimming first! Then we can hit the ice cream parlour, go for a walk and hit the movie theatre afterwards. How does that sound?" I suggested. It was the first thing that popped into my mind. But it sounded like the perfect day to me. "I love it." She said, giving me a small kiss.

She hopped off the bed and grabbed her bag that she had kept in the corner of the room. "Lucky for you I came prepared! My swimwear is all here, including a towel." She said, turning around and giving me a sly smile. "Well, you ARE prepared. Let's go get changed then." I said, letting her take the bathroom to change. I loved having her around, she always brought a smile to my face. I couldn't imagine my life without her. And so I hoped that she would stay in my life forever. Though I didn't know if she felt the same way about me. I could only hope!

 The rest of the morning passed quickly as we had the most normal and most fun we've had in weeks. We went swimming and had ice cream along the beach. It was so great, I couldn't stop smiling. The thing about Viola was that she really could make me feel happy, and that she could make me forget all about the bad things that have happened. Which I have to say is a bonus for me. After the movie I decided to take her to her own house. "Ok. Get dressed in something fancy, we're going out for dinner." I told her, as we walked through her house to her bedroom which was in the basement. Her house was 3 storeys high, but for some reason she just wanted the basement as her bedroom, it might have to do with the fact that she has 3 brothers and a sister, her twin.