Chapter 18: Confidence

Juliet's POV

The past few weeks have been both hard and great. Brad has been brilliant in doing the English project with me, which has proved to be alot of fun and just wonderful in general. It's been over a month since mum's death, and we haven't had a funeral yet. But it's coming soon next weekend infact. I still have a sad feeling around me, but it's getting better. I've been feeling better, and it's all because of my new and restored friendship with Brad. We've been getting along better and better. We even celebrated his 17th birthday, which was a blast. He's been hanging out with us every day. And i think that he feels more comfortable around us than with the Jocks and that he is considering just not hanging out with them full stop. But i know that, that is a big change and he needs to accept that.

Seth has also made me more happier, i've seen him every weekend since, we've been doing more things such as hanging out at the park, helping with homework that we need help with and also watching movies at each others houses. He's talked to me every single day, texting me, Skyping with me and even Facebooking me. And it makes me happy to know there's also someone, elsewhere that truly cares for me and wants to talk to me. He's the greatest to talk to, and i can talk about anything to him aswell. Ben has been spending time with me aswell, and he likes that fact in having a new friend, and he enjoys our company. We talk aswell but not as much. Every night though.

Our family and Blaise's family have had a family dinner every Friday night, and it's been great so far. We've all helped each other so much, cheered each other up aswell. Especially for Larissa with Spencer. Larissa helps Spencer out, and they've become closer than before, and it was nice to see that, Spencer having a relationship the same way me and Blaise are. Our family has coped well, and we've been happier for a while. There is definitely still a strange feeling and a sadness that has entered our household and throughout the family, but it's been a hard task to just go on with our lives.

At the moment, i was sitting in Blaise's garage, that got turned into a sort of rumpus room for just anyone. Brad was here to help with my confidence for our performance for the Talent Show in a few months. Yesterday was our last day of the term and i'm so excited for Christmas. "Juliet, do you understand what i'm saying?" Brad said, and i nodded. I did understand what he was saying. Blaise, i found out, asked Brad to help us with our song for the Talent Show, and to sort out my confidence, that i didn't really have at all. "Ok, so you just gotta close your eyes and sing how you would normally sing."

Blaise started to play the song on his guitar, and he was starting to sound great, both me and him. I sighed, closed my eyes and begun to sing the song.

After i'd finished Brad was clapping, i opened my eyes and he was smiling brilliantly at me. Memories came back with those smiles, both new and old. Slowly, some of my memories were returning, but only vaguely. All i know is that, when Brad smiles like that, he actually likes, loves or is super happy. And honestly it suited him whenever he smiled like that. "That was so much better." He said, and i couldn't help but smile myself. I did feel more confident, the things he's been doing with me. Putting inspirational quotes and lyrics on sticky notes, and sticks them everywhere, especially my mirror. And i really do appreciate it. Some stickers said "Your Aim in Life is to Be Happy" another says "Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold- but so does a hard-boiled egg." But my favourite one is "You gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like's it's heaven on Earth."

So far all these things are helping in some way or another, plus it's nice to have someone help, especially if it's Brad, who's missed out on 6 years of my life. And i've missed out on 6 of his. But things were getting better. "You're getting the hang of this." He said. We've been at it for over 2 hours now, singing, playing and sometimes just talking, distracted from what we were supposed to do. "Let's have a break." Blaise said, smiling at me. I nodded, "Sure thing." Blaise put his guitar in it's stand and went to get us a can of coke from the mini fridge that was in the corner.