Chapter 8: Camp

Juliet's POV

Camp was coming up. A ventures camp that happened every year, where all the units from around the state come together at a camp and just have fun. It's the perfect time to meet new people, and i loved it. There were so many people out there to meet, everyone different in their own way. Pretty much everyone from my unit was going and we were all excited. It was only for 2 days, but it would never be enough time.

I'd finished packing and was only just waiting for Blaise to come round, so that we could meet the others at the hall. I was hoping that this year i would be able to meet someone new, but it was never gauranteed. Sitting on the couch with Spencer, my 14 year old brother was sitting next to me. He also did ventures and is also coming to camp with us. He enjoyed it aswell, and i was glad. He and i could easily get along, but we did have our differences.

He had dark brown hair, which was styled so that he had a pull over fringe, and it was slightly spiked at the back. He had the same grey eyes as me, so that was one of the features we shared. He was tall and skinny, so that he was almost a stick, but he was strong. He could be stubborn when he wanted to be, but he was also calm, funny and realistic. He was like me, but also very different. Sometimes people wouldn't believe that we were siblings, but once they got to know us, they could tell we were. The hair was one way to get mistaken.

"You excited for your first time?" I asked him, though i'm sure i've asked him this before, but it was a sort of ice breaker. "Hell yeah, i can't wait." He eagarly nodded his head. I laughed at his excitement, but i'm sure that i was just like him the first time i went. "When's Blaise getting here? I wanna go."

"He'll come when he comes, we aren't late, so calm your farm." I put my hand on his shoulder as he is literally bouncing in his seat. He looked at me, and the smile was wiped from his face. "What's wrong?" I asked. He just shook his head. "Nothhhinngg." He lengthened the word. Before i could question him further, there was a knock at the front door, and just by listening to it i know it was Blaise. Spencer jumped from his seat and ran to the door, quickly opening it, revealing Blaise with a smile on his face.

"Hey, eager beaver!" He greeted Spencer. Spencer just stuck his tongue out at him in turn. He always did that to Blaise, no matter the occasion, which always made me smile or laugh at him. "Blaise, took your time, are we ready?" I asked. Blaise nodded at me, and held the door open. I got my gear and walked towards the door, when my mum walked into the living room.

"All ready, dear?" She asked. I just nodded, dropped my bags at the door and walked over to her. "Bye mum, have fun this weekend." I smirked slightly. Her and dad were having a special weekend to themselves. She got me into a hug and i returned it, we were only going for the weekend, but she still got to hug me. She let go and gave a small kiss on my cheek. She always had to do that, but she couldn't help it.

"BYE!! HAVE FUN!" She shouted at us as we got into Blaise's car. I waved to her as we drove away. Here comes the good weekend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bus ride was nothing special, but we had some people from our region in other units that came on the bus with us. We had fun, singing and just talking and watching the road go by. I sat next to Adrian on the way, we talked about Brad for a while. Since he has started to get to know me better, and since we started working on our English assignment we had spent more time together. It was nice, a friendship i was glad we had. He was funny, sensitive and we had heaps in common. Though i still wasn't sure why we had stopped being friends, since we were like 11. But that doesn't matter now, since we had a great starting friendship.