Chapter 19: The words to say

Seth's POV

Blaise was leading me to the garage where Brad and Juliet were, and i was excited to hear what how they've been doing on their song. I heard they were doing Twist in my Story by Secondhand Serenade and i thought it was a brilliant song choice, even after everything that's been going on. These past few weeks have a been so wonderful, no more Marcy anywhere, Juliet every weekend or other and we've been getting so close that i think i've fallen even harder for her.

"So how's Ben?" He asked just as we were about to walk through the door. I stepped over the threshold and what i saw made me lost of words. Brad had just placed his lips on Juliet's, kissing her gently. I couldn't believe it. Why would Brad jeopardise their relationship, i felt so jealous, that after only a second longer of watching them i turned and raced out the door. The kiss still fresh in my mind. Never leaving it.

"SETH!" I heard Juliet's voice call out and i didn't stop and turn, i just couldn't. And so i kept on running, out on the streets where there was no life. There was no wind, only the sun shining. And it was like the perfect movie setting. And i was the one running from the girl i loved. My heart was pumping faster, my arms were moving on it's on and my legs just kept on going. Every breath i took, every step i could still see the kiss and hear Juliet's beautiful voice shouting my name as she ran after me.

I don't know what i was thinking. It was Brad who kissed her, not the other way around, but i guess the fact that i was jealous made things worse, made me want to run and punch Brad in the face. So i ran instead of staying. After a while i slowed down and realised i was at the park next to the beach. I loved this park, it was the park dad took me when i saw little and we'd have ice creams all the time. I missed those days, and it made me sad to think i haven't seen my dad in 5 years.

I sank down against a tree trunk and i closed my eyes. Wanting to escape what had just happened. I heard soft footsteps beside me, coming closer and i knew that it was Juliet, but i didn't acknowledge that. "Seth?" She basically asked me a whole lot of questions just by saying my name in that tone and it made me slowly open my eyes to see her tall figure standing in front of me. Staring down at me, concerned and surprised. I could hear her fast breathing from the run, and realised i was the same aswell.

"I'm sorry i ran." Was all i could really say, i shouldn't really be apologizing, since i didn't do anything except run. "It's not your fault, i should be sorry." She sat cross-legged in front on me, and placed a gentle hand on my knee. I looked at her, her grey eyes staring back at me, her face showing a sad sort of expression. "I don't know what happened, but all i know is that Brad kissed me, possibly in the worst moment possible...." She thought for a while, thinking about something else that i had no idea. "I know that Brad obviously has feelings for me, and i realise that now. But i never in a million years would think of him other than my best friend. Yes he's cute, but he's never gonna make me feel as special as someone else could make." She sighed deeply. "I had that realisation just as he kissed me, and just so you know i broke it off. It never would've lasted longer than a second."

I didn't know what to say, Juliet didn't have feelings for him and secretly my hopes were up, maybe she liked me. But i didn't get my hopes up any higher than that. I sighed as well, thinking about what she might be thinking. "Look, i don't know why i ran. Um maybe because i was jealous. And it's hard for me to tell you that, it really is. But seeing him made me also angry, which i had no need to be. And i guess you already know that i do like you. You are amazing, beautiful and wonderful in every way possible." I was pouring my heart out to her, she just looked at me, blinking, listening to what i had to say and somehow it felt nice.

"Look Seth, you yourself are amazing, you're cute, and handsome, you're everything in between, everything good in the world and i know that you like me like that, and it's nice to know there is someone else out there that likes me just as i like them." WHAT did she say? Is she implying that she likes me. Must be, but why now. "I've had a realisation that the second you walked in, the second Brad kissed me, it made me realise that i liked you as more than a friend, for a while it's been like that, but it seems so strong now." She turned away from my face and looked out towards the beach and just stared.