Chapter 15: Letters

Juliet's POV

The letters, were sitting in my lap as i just sat there on my bed. Days after my mother died. It was still a scary thought to think about. My mum's lovely slopped handwriting spelled out our names. Riley, Spencer, Hayley, Juliet, Blaise, Colin, Brad, Seth. She had written letters to us. I didn't want to open it yet.

I remember the rest of the day. Seth kept a hold of me, Blaise took me away, along with Viola and Seth. I told Brad what happened, he joined us aswell. Blaise took me to the indoor botanical gardens, and it helped calm me down. We talked about anything but what had happened. Everyone had a sad feeling about them. Nothing much happened that day, but i stayed the night at Blaise's with Seth and Viola. Brad went home.

Sunday was no better, according to Seth i had cried in my sleep and i felt it on my pillow. My dream was no better than reality. It was my mother's death all over again, but somehow worse. I don't know how it could possibly be worse but it did. We had waffles for breakfast, with ice cream. Then we just stayed home watching movies all day. Seth's mum didn't mind him being away and i don't think Seth minded either. He couldn't stop holding my hand. It felt nice to hold onto someone and sort of share the grief.

Then Monday and Tuesday rolled around and it was plain old school. Everyone had found out about our mother's death, the teacher's had sympathy, but none of the students did, as to be expected. Our group were more reserved but they helped lighten the mood, they made me laugh, smile and joke around. They commented on Seth, Brad's situation and Viola. I was so glad to have friends like them.

Now it was Wednesday, and i had kept the letters since. They were almost haunting me, but i know i can't wait any longer, and so i called everyone to come around. First Seth, and he agreed, then Blaise and Colin who came straight away, and Brad who was reluctant but came anyway. Everyone was here and we sat around the dining room table in our house. With memories of mum floating in my head. "Well, um here are the letters." I gave everyone their letters and we all looked down at them in our hands.

The envelope was nothing special, but her handwriting was the last memory, the last thing she touched, and wrote. I ran my thumb over the letters that spelt out my name. Juliet. A name she's said so many times before, in so many ways. Angry, sad, happy, even in her weak state she said it. And new tears filled my eyes, but none of them fell like i thought they would.

"You open yours first." Dad said to me. I looked him in the eye, and he nodded. I slowly opened the letter and stared at the words. Reading them slowly.

Dearest Juliet,

My daughter, my world, my everything. You've grown to be so strong, so caring, lovely and independent. You remind me of me, but in your own special way. I admire you and what you have come to be. I would just like to say Thank you and I love you. Thank you for entering my life and what you have shown me. I love you darling.

Look after your father, Spencer and Hayley. You are the leading woman in the house. I know you're strong enough to keep them together. Family is family, and you've always proven that we are a family. Including Blaise, Colin, Seeley, Ralph and Larissa. Make sure Hayley turns out to be a good girl, though i'm sure she will turn out to be. But guide her, she'll look up to you from now on. Keep Spencer out of trouble, and look after him like a mum, a big sister and a friend does.

That boy Seth, he makes you happy i know, and i know that he will turn out to be a wonderful person to you and to our family. He's good to you, so keep him close, near and dear. Something about him says that he's caring, and really does admire you for you. I saw it in his eyes when he came to visit you. He's going to be special in your life, whether you know it or not. Look after him too.