Chapter 31: Demons

Blaise's POV

I stood outside Seth's room, holding my breath, listening to music coming from his room. His door was shut. He didn't want to talk to anyone. But Ben told me that I should at least pay a visit and see if I could talk to him. Its been a week since he broke it off with Juliet and something just wasn't right. He hadn't come out of his room for those 7 days. He wouldn't talk about it. But everyone knew. Juliet had told us, and I'd been shocked. How could he do that? Just like that! Luckily her and Brad hadn't gotten together yet.

I felt sorry for him really. They had been really good together, him and Juliet. I guess Brad had just never really left our lives. He would've always been a part of our life. It was scary how quickly these things changed. And I didn't blame Seth for running away like this. Hiding in a hole so big he couldn't climb out. He had to be ok though. He will get through this.

I took a deep breath and knocked on his door. I had no idea what I was going to say to him, to make him feel better. I just had to try. I held the chocolate ice cream box in my hands, which were going to freeze off. And the Lord of the Rings trilogy on dvd lay on top. It was just what he needed. A distraction. "Who is it?" His voice was muffled by the music that was so loud. "Blaise." I replied. There was a pause and a loud grunt. "Come in." He said quietly enough that I had almost not heard him.

I placed my hand on the door-handle and pushed down, stepping into his room. It was dark. Almost black. The curtain was closed and there were no lamps on. I closed the door behind me. "Can I turn the light on?" I asked him, standing there, not quite knowing what to do. He grunted again. "Go ahead." He said, sighing. I heard rustling and before I could move a light flickered on. The lamp beside Seth. I caught a look of him and he didn't look that great. His hair was sticking up all over the place. There was a little bit of stubble along his jaw and his eyes were squinted at me. His room was an even bigger mess. There were the pictures of him and Juliet thrown all over the place. But none of them were ripped to bits, which was a relief. There were food wrappers blanketing the floor. 

"My god. It's a mess." I said, also seeing his clothes in a huge pile in the corner of his room. How could he let himself do this. After a week. He laughed loudly and I walked closer to him. The music was almost deafening to me. Had he kept it like that all week? I almost didn't want to know.

"Could you turn the music down? I can't hear myself think." I said, frowning at him. He stared at me for a moment and nodded, grabbing his stereo remote and turning the music down so that it was only background music. I sighed and walked towards him, slowly being able to see his bloodshot eyes and the bags under his eyes. His frame was loosely lying on his bed, all of it indicated his heartbreak and sleepless nights. I sat down in a beanbag beside his bed, after moving some clothes which I recognised as Juliet's. Some scarves and t-shirts. 

Poor guy.

"So what brings you here?" He asked me, watching my every move carefully. He really was suffering. Why did it take a week for Ben to get to me? "What do you think, Seth? Huh? You've been stuck here for a week. A WEEK! Without seeing anyone, without coming out. I know you're hurt. But hiding isn't going to make things easier." I told him, sighing deeply. He gritted his teeth, obviously not wanting to get angry at me. I wouldn't mind if he did. "It's easy. It's the summer holidays, Blaise. I can be as lazy as I want to be, without people accusing me of being hurt." He said, almost sarcastically. 

Since when did he get so sarcastic? I shook my head slowly. He had to understand that he still had friends. "If that's what you believe. We know it was hard on you to break up with Ju-" 

"SHUT UP! We're not talking about her! Ok? I don't care if she's with Brad, or that she's hurting. It was for her own good. I don't ever want to see her face ever again. I can't handle that. So you better shut the hell up Blaise. Or i will hurt you." He shouted at me. Woah, I didn't expect that. "You have to get over her! Seth. You're going to see her again. Ok? She hates that you're doing this to yourself. But please, just grow up! This isn't healthy." I said seriously