Chapter 2: Surprises, Betrayals & A Walk Down Memory Lane

A huuuuuge thank you to everyone who read, fanned, commented and voted. You guys are absolutely amazing! I was basically dancing when I woke up this morning and saw the reads :)

Anyways, since Draco is being introduced in this chapter I decided to post a really awesome Slytherin video (that has absolutely nothing to do with my story) that I found on youtube.

Enjoy!

                                                               ************* 

"It’s hard to tell who has your back from who has it long enough just to stab you in it"

                                                                                                            -Nicole Richie

Draco Malfoy shook his head in disbelief. He read the article once again to assure himself that he wasn’t hallucinating.

                              Ron Weasley & Astoria Greengrass: The New IT Couple?

                                                           By Rita Skeeter

            Last Night, Ron Weasley, Keeper and Captain of the Chudley Cannons, and Astoria Greengrass, the newest supermodel to star on the cover of Witches Weekly, were seen in each other’s company in the high profile night club “Expelliamus”. This makes one wonder where are Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley’s fiancé, and Draco Malfoy, Astoria Greengrass’s beau, these days?           

            For a detailed coverage of the issue, see Rita Skeeter’s column on tomorrow’s issue of the Daily Prophet.

            Underneath this was a picture of Ron Weasley and Astoria Greengrass locked in a passionate kiss, basically posing in front of the cameras.

            “My girlfriend just shacked up with the Weasel last night. An engaged Weasel, at that.  Well probably not anymore. I wonder what Granger’s reaction was. She must have advanced from canaries to something more dangerous by now, like hippogriffs,” he mused, wincing when recalling Granger’s infamous yellow canaries, having once been under their wrath himself. 

            “But out of all the men in the world, she had to pick the Weasel to cheat on me with! A Weasel engaged to Granger! Fate is playing a cruel game with me.”

            “So what if I hadn’t paid her that much attention lately? I have an important business deal coming up worth millions of galleons. And that is surely more important than going shopping with her,” he reasoned.

            He angrily slapped the paper face down on the table, tired of looking at his, now ex-, girlfriend snogging the crap out of the Weasel. And he was still fuming when Blaise, his best mate, ran in.

            “Damn. You have seen it, haven’t you?” Blaise asked as he saw the murderous look on Draco’s face.

            “Of course I’ve seen it. The whole bloody Wizarding World has seen it,” Draco spat.