Chapter 6: The Beaver & the Ferret Call A Truce

Dedicated to AccioDreams because she is a wonderful fan and just made my day =)

Just like I promised, this chapter is considerably longer than the rest (actually its my longest chapter so far), and I posted the picture I drew of Tom Felton (its the one on the side, obviously)...

I am too tired and sleep deprived to ramble on like I usually do...so...

Enjoy (see I'm too tired to even put the exclamation mark that I always put o.O)

******************************************

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same. -- Anonymous

As Hermione put the Filet Mignon into the oven, she wondered for the millionth time if she was overreacting. Or going through some strange form of Weasley withdrawal symptoms. She had spent the entire day cleaning her apartment and cooking a seven course meal. After she set the food to cook, she changed into a pretty pink dress she had bought with Draco, arranged her hair into soft curls and put on minimal makeup.

"I have officially lost my marbles. Every single last one of them. Otherwise why would I cook a seven course meal and dress up for dinner with a Malfoy? A dinner at which he probably wont even show up. I’m going to end up eating a seven-course meal with Crookshanks. What is wrong with me? Why am I so miserable? I bet even Lavender isn’t as miserable as I am. Who am I kidding, I’m more miserable than Moaning Myrtle. All I need now is my own personal U-bend, then I’d be giving Myrtle a run for her money." Hermione’s pleasant thoughts were interrupted by her doorbell.

"Coming!" she called out as she flew (not literally) to the door.

On the other end of the door, Draco was nervously tugging on his tie, wondering if he was making a fool of himself. He was dressed in black slacks with a white shirt and a black tie. And in his hands were two boxes and a bouquet of pink roses.

"I am an idiot. Why did I have to dress up like I’m on a date or something? And why did I bring effing flowers? Why did I even come in the first place? Actually, why am I even worried about this? I’m a Malfoy, I can handle it."

Just as the thoughts passed his head, the door opened, and Draco’s mind immediately went blank. He had always known that Hermione was beautiful, long before the Yule Ball, when everyone else realized it. But today, she looked absolutely breathtaking. Draco was wonderstruck. He mentally slapped himself and cockily asked, "Missed me, Granger?"

"Of coarse, I did! Almost as much as I miss Moaning Myrtle," she replied as she moved aside to let him in. "Aww! The flowers are beautiful. Thank you."

"What makes you think they are for you?" smirked Draco. "I brought them for Crookshanks."

For the first time today, a smile appeared on Hermione’s face. "Well I’m sure Crookshanks will love it. He has a thing for pink roses, you see," she said in a mock serious tone.

"And I brought desert. Well the Mascarpone and Strawberry Trifle is for dessert. I brought the cake because I felt like it."

"Thank you. Oooh. What flavor did you get?" Hermione asked as she placed the desserts in the refrigerator.

"Lets see. Double fudge German chocolate cake with homemade masacarpone cream cheese frosting with chocolate chunks. And caramel bites," Draco said as he ticked each one of them off on his fingers.

Hermione looked at Draco with a strange look on her face. "You remembered."

"Well, its not really easy to forget, is it?" Draco said uncomfortably as they both remembered the multitudes of times Draco snuck into Hogsmeade to get it for her whenever she was upset. Most of these times, it was Ron who had made her upset.