Chapter 29: A Malfoy's Rejection

Hello, my lovely readers!! Two more chapters after this...*sniff*

On the positive note, I have posted a chapter of one of my new books, the link is at the end of the chapter.

Aren't the pictures cute??!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>

MORE ANNOUNCEMENTS AT THE END!!!!

Enjoy!

***********************************

“It is always sad when someone leaves, unless they are simply going around the corner and will return in a few minutes with ice-cream sandwiches.”                         -Lemony Snicket

            As Hermione made her way towards Draco, her stomach filled with butterflies.

            Draco was lost so deep in his thoughts that he didn’t even register Hermione’s presence until she sat down in the seat in front of him and softly said, “Hey.”

            Draco, for perhaps the second time in his life, lost his composure and looked as if Lord Voldemort had just materialized in front of him in a pink tutu.

            “What are you doing here?” Draco asked. “Wait. Are you really here, or am I imagining things?”

            “That’s a wonderful way to greet someone,” Hermione replied sarcastically. “And you don’t have an imagination creative enough to conjure up someone as brilliant as me.”

            “Haha. Very funny, except I don’t hear anyone laughing,” Draco replied sarcastically before asking with furrowed eyebrows, “Did the Weasel not come back?”

            “He did,” Hermione replied before adding, “Somewhat.”

            “Then what are you doing here?” Draco asked confusedly.

            “I left,” Hermione replied simply.

            “I did all that work and you just threw it all away!” Draco exclaimed, getting very irritated. “I spent four weeks on this! Four weeks! I planned it all out, meticulously eradicated all flaws in the plan, executed the plan flawlessly, made sure everything worked out perfectly. I even planned the dates, so that they lined up perfectly. So that you and the Weasel were back together the day you were supposed to have gotten married. And what did you do? That’s right, you went and threw it all away.”

            “Why did you do it?” asked Hermione. “Tell me Draco, why did you do all of this?” she asked again, with her eyes flashing.

            “We had a deal,” Draco replied. “Therefore it only makes sense that I adhere to it.”          

            “Is that truly the only reason you initiated the deal?” Hermione asked.

            “Of course,” Draco replied without a moment’s hesitation. “I take no pleasure in helping other out of my free will. I’m not an overly-helpful Gryffindor.”

            “Do you remember the Christmas Ball?” Hermione asked abruptly.

            “Yes,” Draco replied, slightly suspicious at the abrupt turn of the conversation.

            “Do you remember the events of that night?”

            “Yes,” Draco replied, slightly wary of where this conversation was headed.

            “If you had told be you loved me or even liked me, I would have broken up with Ron,” Hermione replied staring unblinkingly at the open sign on the coffee shop. “I would have broken up with him without a second thought. I hadn’t realized it until today, when you left me under the chandelier, but I had fallen for you a long time ago. Hook, line, and sinker. I should’ve realized it when I smelt spearmint in that cauldron of amortenia, but alas I didn’t. I suppose I did realize it, but I told myself that I was just being delusional.”

            Finally looking at Draco, Hermione joked, “I guess you were right, even the Gryffindor Bookworm couldn’t resist your nonexistent charms.”

            To her great despair, he didn’t say he loved her. He didn’t even say that he didn’t love her. In fact, he did something much worse.  He stood up, turned on the spot and disapparated, leaving Hermione by herself at a deserted coffee shop with a cup of cold coffee in front of her.

            Hermione was too shocked to react. She numbly thought, “This must be how Malfoy’s reject people.”

******************************************

I hope you like that. What did you think about it? Sort of cliffhanger there...But I promise there will be a happy ending!!!

Have a wonderful friday!!!